Global Acetylene Market is segmented on the basis of product type, application, and region. Acetylene, also called Ethyne, the simplest and best-known member of the hydrocarbon series containing one or more pairs of carbon atoms linked by triple bonds, called acetylenic series, or alkynes. It is a colorless, inflammable gas widely used as a fuel in oxyacetylene welding and cutting of metals and as raw material in the synthesis of many organic chemicals and plastics; its chemical formula is C2H2.
Pure acetylene is a colorless gas with a pleasant odor, as prepared from calcium carbide it usually contains traces of phosphine that cause an unpleasant garlic like odor. Acetylene can be decomposed to its elements with the liberation of heat. Acetylene is principally used for oxyacetylene cutting, heat treating, and welding. Bulk acetylene can be also used as a raw material in the chemicals processing industry for the production of organic compounds, including acetaldehyde, acetic acid and acetic anhydride.
Acetylene has the highest flame temperature of any common hydrocarbon because of its triple bond structure. Combustion with oxygen achieves a flame temperature of 3090o releasing 54.8 kJ/L of energy. Its high flame temperature allows acetylene to be used in a variety of metal working applications like cutting, welding, brazing and soldering. Acetylene gas is used as a feedstock in the production of chemicals such as 1,4 butanediol.
Global Acetylene Industry is classified, by product type into Calcium Carbide Production Type, and Hydrocarbon Pyrolysis Production Type. Global Acetylene Industry is classified, by application into welding and metal fabrication, chemical synthesis, and others. Acetylene is a standard fuel gas used in conjunction with oxygen for welding metals and cutting steel, and for allied oxy-acetylene processes for the heating, forming and treating of metals.
The chemical segment accounted for the largest market share of the global Acetylene Market in 2016 and will continue to lead the market over the forecast period. This is mainly due to increasing demand for acetylene that is used to produce many chemical and plastic compounds. Global Acetylene Market is segmented, geographically into North America, Europe (Eastern Europe, Western Europe), Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, and Africa.
Asia Pacific accounted for the largest market share of the global Acetylene Market and is expected to lead the market over the forecast period. This is due to increasing industrial investments in developing countries of India and China is amongst the leading growth drivers for acetylene gas market in the region. Acetylene gas market in North America and Europe is expected to grow at a lethargic rate due to increasing number of environmental regulations and saturation in several end user industries. Global Acetylene Market key players are Linde, Sichuan Vinylon, Jinhong, BASF, Praxair, DOW, Koatsu Gas, Airgas, Xinjiang Weimei, Toho Acetylene, Gulf Cryo, and Dongxiang Gas.
The major manufacturers covered in this report
• Linde AG
• Leeden National Oxygen
• Toho Acetylene
• Xinju Chemicals
• Gulf Cyro
• Xinlong Group
• Ho Tung Chemicals
• JinHong Gas
• Dongxiang Gas
Geographically, this report studies the top producers and consumers, focuses on product capacity, production, value, consumption, market share and growth opportunity in these key regions, covering
• North America
• Other Regions (India, Southeast Asia, Central & South America and Middle East & Africa)
The regional scope of the study is as follows:
• North America
• United States
• South Korea
• Rest of Asia-Pacific
• Rest of Europe
• Central & South America
• Rest of South America
• Middle East & Africa
• Saudi Arabia
• Rest of Middle East & Africa
On the basis of product, this report displays the production, revenue, price, market share and growth rate of each type, primarily split into
• Dissolved Acetylene
• Acetylene Gas
On the basis of the end users/applications, this report focuses on the status and outlook for major applications/end users, consumption (sales), market share and growth rate for each application, including
• Chemical Production
• Welding & Cutting
The key points of this report are:
• To analyze and study the global Acetylene capacity, production, value, consumption, status (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2025);
• Focuses on the key Acetylene manufacturers, to study the capacity, production, value, market share and development plans in future.
• Focuses on the global key manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the market competition landscape, SWOT analysis.
• To define, describe and forecast the market by type, application and region.
• To analyze the global and key regions market potential and advantage, opportunity and challenge, restraints and risks.
• To identify significant trends and factors driving or inhibiting the market growth.
• To analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders by identifying the high growth segments.
• To strategically analyze each submarket with respect to individual growth trend and their contribution to the market
• To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market
• To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.
• Acetylene Manufacturers
• Acetylene Distributors/Traders/Wholesalers
• Acetylene Subcomponent Manufacturers
• Industry Association
• Downstream Vendors
Research Support Specialist, USA