Global Coffee Market is anticipated to witness an exponential growth in the forecast period. Coffee is an organic and natural caffeine beverage, prepared by adding coffee beans (soluble or roast & ground and green beans) with either hot or cold water in a coffee maker. The factors that propel the growth of the market include increasing demand, rapid urbanization & industrialization and technological innovations. The other driving factors include improving standard of living, longer shelf life of coffee, easy availability, ease of preparation, and rise in the number of working population.
On the other hand, there are factors that may hamper the growth of the market include stringent regulations, weather uncertainties, retail consolidations, and harmful side-effects on health such as ulcers, heart disease and high blood pressure, nervousness and increased levels of LDL, the “bad” cholesterol.
The market is anticipated to grow at a significant CAGR in the upcoming period as the scope, product types, and its applications are increasing across the globe. Key trends of coffee market include rising preference of gourmet coffee in the Americas, increasing penetration of premium coffee shops, and rising demand of green coffee in developing countries.
The market may be explored by product type, application, source type, flavors, processing type and geography. Market may be explored by product type as soluble coffee, roasted coffee and coffee pods. Based on application, the market may be classified as coffee shops, household, and others. The “coffee shops” segment led the coffee market in 2017 and will continue to lead in the forecast period. The key factor that may attributed to the growth of market includes growing restaurant business.
Based on source type, the market may be classified as Robusta arabica, and liberica. The “arabica” segment led the coffee market in 2017 and will continue to lead in the forecast period. The key factor that may attributed to the growth of market includes high demand. The market may be explored by flavors into vanilla, caramel, Irish cream, hazelnut and others. Market may be explored by processing type as caffeinated and decaffeinated.
Europe accounted for the major share of the coffee market in 2017 and will continue to lead in the forecast period. The key factors that could be attributed to the growth include rise in the disposable income, increasing demand and high consumption level. Europe is likely to be followed by North America and Asia-Pacific.
Some of the key players that fuel the growth of the coffee market comprise Starbucks, J.M. Smucker, Keurig Green Mountain, Kraft, Nestle, Massimo Zanetti, Dunkin, Caribou Coffee, Community Coffee, Peet's Coffee & Tea and Reily Foods. The leading companies are taking up partnerships, mergers and acquisitions, and joint ventures in order to boost the inorganic growth of the industry.
The latest market data for this research include:
• Overall coffee market size, 2011-2022
• Coffee market size by product segment, 2011-2022
• Growth rates of the overall coffee market and different product segments, 2011-2022
• Shares of different product segments of the overall coffee market, 2011, 2017 and 2022
The product segments discussed in the data reports include:
• Coffee (not roasted, decaffeinated)
• Coffee (roasted, not decaffeinated)
• Coffee (roasted, decaffeinated)
• Coffee concentrates, extracts and essences
• Preparations of coffee concentrates, extracts and essences
• Roasted coffee substitutes, concentrates, extracts and essences
• Coffee skins and husks
The reports help answering the following questions:
• What is the current size of the coffee market in the world and in the top 10 global countries?
• How is the coffee market divided into different product segments?
• How are the overall market and different product segments growing?
• How is the market predicted to develop in the future?
• What is the market potential compared to other countries?
Research Support Specialist, USA