Global Collagen Industry is segmented on the basis of source, application, and region.Collagen is a protein made up of amino-acids, which are in turn built of carbon, oxygen and hydrogen.Collagen comprises specific amino acids such as Glycine, Proline, Hydroxyproline, and Arginine. Characteristics of Collagen can be listed as an insoluble,hard,and fibrous protein that builds up one-third of the protein in human body. Majorly, in all collagens, the molecules are crowded together to form very similar long thin fibrils.Collagen is asubstance that holds the whole body together. It is found in the bones, muscles, skin and tendons, where it forms a scaffold to provide strength and structure.In nature, collagen is found exclusively in animals, especially in the flesh and connective tissues of mammals.
Increasing geriatric population attended by increasing problems related to the skin and bones is expected to the boost demand. Increasing healthcare spending among consumers attended by FDA & IMA approvals for gelatin to be used in drugs and food preservatives has also fueled growth. The collagen market is classified, by types into Type I, Type II, Type III, and Type IV.Type I accounts for 90% of body’s collagen and is made of densely packed fibers. It provides structure to skin, bones, tendons, fibrous cartilage, connective tissue and teeth.Type II is made of more loosely packed fibers and is found in elastic cartilage, which cushions joints.Type III supports the structure of muscles, organs and arteries.Type IV helps with filtration and is found in layers of skin.
The collagen Market is classified, by source into Bovine, Porcine, Chicken, Marine, and Others. Thecollagen industry is classified, by system into Drug Delivery Systems (Collagen Shields, Collagen Sponges, Sustained Drug Delivery Systems, Transdermal Patches, Other Drug Delivery Systems), Tissue Engineering (Skin replacement, Bone Substitutes, Others).The collagen industry is classified, by applications into Food & Beverage, Cosmetic, Nutraceutical, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, and Technical.
Pharmaceutical and Nutraceuticals sector is expected to rise a rapid rate due to the massive applications in these segments. Healthcare is inclusive of dental, surgery and orthopedic procedures, wherein collagen helps in building artificial skin in order to reconcile burns and wounds.In cosmetics, it is primarily used as a healing aid for burn wounds. They help in reformation of bone and in aninclusive variety of orthopedic, dental and surgical procedures. It is also used in bone grafting, as it possesses a triple helical structure, giving it a strong molecular property. Also, it is used in tissue regeneration, on account of having ideal properties, such as permeability, pore structure and hydrophilicity.
Global Collagen Market is segmented, geographically into North America, Europe (Eastern Europe, Western Europe), Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa.North America accounted for the largest market share of the global Collagen Industry and is expected to remain dominant over the forecast period. This is due to rise in R&D, increased popularity of cosmeceuticals, and rising awareness regarding nutraceuticals in the region. Followed by Europe and Asia Pacific.
Europe had the largest share in the gelatin market, a byproduct of collagen. This is due to flourishing food & beverage, and pharmaceutical industries, along with presence of several R&D projects relating to nutritional products. Asia Pacific is expected to grow at fastest pace over the forecast period. This is mainly due to rapid industrialization, growing awareness regarding physiological well-being and personal hygiene. Global Collagen Market key players are Botiss Biomaterials GmbH, Medtronic plc, Baotou Dongbao Bio-Tech Co. Ltd., Collagen Solutions plc, and Nippi, Inc.
The major manufacturers covered in this report
• PB Gelatins
• Weishardt International
• Lapi Gelatine
• Huayan Collagen
• Oriental Ocean
• SEMNL Biotechnology
Geographically, this report studies the top producers and consumers, focuses on product capacity, production, value, consumption, market share and growth opportunity in these key regions, covering
• North America
• Other Regions (India, Southeast Asia, Central & South America and Middle East & Africa)
The regional scope of the study is as follows:
• North America
• United States
• South Korea
• Rest of Asia-Pacific
• Rest of Europe
• Central & South America
• Rest of South America
• Middle East & Africa
• Saudi Arabia
• Rest of Middle East & Africa
On the basis of product, this report displays the production, revenue, price, market share and growth rate of each type, primarily split into
• Fish Collagen
• Bovine Collagen
• Pig Collagen
On the basis of the end users/applications, this report focuses on the status and outlook for major applications/end users, consumption (sales), market share and growth rate for each application, including
• Health Care Products
The key points of this report are:
• To analyze and study the global Collagen capacity, production, value, consumption, status (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2025);
• Focuses on the key Collagen manufacturers, to study the capacity, production, value, market share and development plans in future.
• Focuses on the global key manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the market competition landscape, SWOT analysis.
• To define, describe and forecast the market by type, application and region.
• To analyze the global and key regions market potential and advantage, opportunity and challenge, restraints and risks.
• To identify significant trends and factors driving or inhibiting the market growth.
• To analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders by identifying the high growth segments.
• To strategically analyze each submarket with respect to individual growth trend and their contribution to the market
• To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market
• To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.
• Collagen Manufacturers
• Collagen Distributors/Traders/Wholesalers
• Collagen Subcomponent Manufacturers
• Industry Association
• Downstream Vendors
Research Support Specialist, USA