Global dental handpiece market is segmented on the basis of product types, speed of hand, application and geography. A dental handpiece is used to polish, remove tooth structures and shape teeth. The factors driving the market include the rise in aging population, oral diseases, and dental clinics. Dental handpiece comes across as an instrument using electricity or air for generating a rotary cutting motion, analogous to how a drill operates. Handpieces are often organized by speed range (low speed or high speed); which determines the best-suited applications.
Conventional high speed applications are inclusive of finishing restorations and cutting tooth structure whereas low speed handpieces have a plethora of applications inclusive of endodontics, caries removal, implantology and prophylaxis. Air-driven high speed handpiece conventionally doesn’t exceed 400,000 rpms, whereas air-driven low speed handpiece generally operates at less than 40,000 rpms. Electric handpiece does offer the advantage of more torque, which could translate to reliable, smooth cutting ability all across a broad range of speeds.
Dental handpieces have adapted to new technologies to ensure higher efficiency to lessen time in removal of hard tissues and are substantially replacing conventional high-speed or low-speed handpieces in the market. These dental handpiece motor RPMs range between 100 and 400,000, with a constant torque for cutting through the hard tissues. Novel dental handpiece models have automatic reversing feature for endodontics procedures, owing to which these devices are now becoming more popular among dental practitioners seeking more flexibility in the entire functionality and reducing noise levels during operations.
However, high cost structure on the part of dental handpiece devices, heavy material, and the other conventional technologies such as laser along with brand loyalty are certain restraints with regards to the dental handpiece market. This adoption of new technology by dentists around the world is actually a value-based shift payment for providers of dental handpieces. Based on product types, the dental handpiece market is segmented into air-driven handpieces, electric handpieces, and hybrid air-electric handpieces and so on.
Based on speed of hand, the dental handpiece market is segmented into low-speed handpiece and high-speed handpiece. Based on application, the dental handpiece market is segmented into hospital, dental clinics, and ambulatory surgical centers, and so on. Based on geography, the dental handpiece market is segmented into Europe, Middle East & Africa, Latin America, North America and Asia Pacific.
The Americas are expected to account for the largest market share during the forecast period. This could be attributed to the rising aging population and prevalence of sophisticated healthcare infrastructure. The key players of dental handpiece industry are Danaher, Dentsply Sirona, NSK, Morita, A-Dec, W&H, Bien-Air, SciCan, DentlEZ, NOUVAG, Dentatus, KaVo Dental, Acteon, Inovadent and Being Foshan Medical Equipment.
In 2017, the global Dental Handpiece market size was xx million US$ and it is expected to reach xx million US$ by the end of 2025, with a CAGR of xx.x % between 2018 and 2025.
The major manufacturers covered in this report
• Dentsply Sirona
• Bien Air
• Modeer Precision
Geographically, this report studies the key regions, focuses on product sales, value, market share and growth opportunity in these regions, covering
• North America
• South America
• Middle East & Africa
The regional scope of the study is as follows:
• North America
• United States
• South Korea
• Rest of Asia-Pacific
• Rest of Europe
• Central & South America
• Rest of South America
• Middle East & Africa
• Saudi Arabia
• Rest of Middle East & Africa
On the basis of product, this report displays the production, revenue, price, market share and growth rate of each type, primarily split into
• High-speed Dental Handpiece
• Low-speed Dental Handpiece
On the basis of the end users/applications, this report focuses on the status and outlook for major applications/end users, consumption (sales), market share and growth rate for each application, including
• Dental Clinic
The study objectives of this report are:
• To analyze and study the global Dental Handpiece sales, value, status (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2025).
• Focuses on the key Dental Handpiece manufacturers, to study the sales, value, market share and development plans in future.
• Focuses on the global key manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the market competition landscape, SWOT analysis.
• To define, describe and forecast the market by type, application and region.
• To analyze the global and key regions market potential and advantage, opportunity and challenge, restraints and risks.
• To identify significant trends and factors driving or inhibiting the market growth.
• To analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders by identifying the high growth segments.
• To strategically analyze each submarket with respect to individual growth trend and their contribution to the market
• To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market
• To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.
• Dental Handpiece Manufacturers
• Dental Handpiece Distributors/Traders/Wholesalers
• Dental Handpiece Subcomponent Manufacturers
• Industry Association
• Downstream Vendors
Research Support Specialist, USA