The Global Intraocular Lenses Market are expected to display prospective growth at rising CAGR in forthcoming period. Cataract is clouding of the eye lens and is also a leading cause of blindness. Intraocular lens is a synthetic artificial lens that replaces natural lens of the eye. The types of intraocular eye lenses available vary according to budget considerations. The lenses include monofocal lenses, tronic intraocular lenses, multifocal intraocular lenses and accommodative intraocular eye lenses.
Technical advances such as micro-incision in cataract surgery and femto second lasers for cataract surgery could prevail in influencing growth in intraocular lenses market. A prevailing trend being adopted in intraocular lenses industry is multi-distance viewing. Growing incidence of cataract and untreated medical needs in emerging and underdeveloped economies serve as two important growth drivers to market. High incidences of post-surgical complications including refractive errors limit growth of industry.
Aging leads to cataract which primarily causes the intraocular lenses to display high growth in markets. The second growth factor being adoption of premium IOL’s. US is displaying high growth because of increasing aging population, adoption of premium IOLs, beneficial reimbursements for cataract operations and growing expenditure on healthcare.
Cataract is clouding of the eye lens and is also a leading cause of blindness. Drivers to growth include growing signs of ophthalmic and ocular troubles. Another growth sign is the risk of cataract accompanying diabetic patients which is a sure sign of growth for intraocular lenses market. Emerging economies hold a lot of potential for future growth in Intraocular lenses market. Innovations in toric and accommodative Intraocular lenses to engineer growth in intraocular lenses market.
Advanced products have serious cost limitations associated with it and are growing market limiters to the intraocular lenses market growth. Failure in providing reimbursement cover to intraocular lens is a major challenge to market growth. Segmentation of market by type includes monofocal IOL, multifocal IOL, toric IOL, and accommodative IOL.
Segmentation of intraocular lenses market by geographic region includes North America, Europe, Asia pacific, MEA and Latin America. Asia pacific is also displaying high growth in intraocular lenses industry because of large customer base and increased government funding. The key market players in the intraocular lenses market include Abbott Medical Optics Ltd., Alcon Inc., Bausch and Lomb, Inc., Carl Zeiss Meditec AG, Hoya Corporation, Rayner Intraocular Lenses limited, Eurocrystal SAand STAAR Surgical Company.
The major manufacturers covered in this report
• Accu-Lens Inc
• Alcon (Novartis)
• Cooper Companies
• Hoya Corporation
• Johnson & Johnson
• Menicon Group
• Morcher GmbH
• OcuLentis GmbH
• VSY Biotechnology
• Zeiss (Wohlk Contactlinsen)
Geographically, this report studies the key regions, focuses on product sales, value, market share and growth opportunity in these regions, covering
• North America
• Southeast Asia
We can also provide the customized separate regional or country-level reports, for the following regions:
• North America
• United States
• South Korea
• Rest of Asia-Pacific
• Rest of Europe
• Central & South America
• Rest of South America
• Middle East & Africa
• Saudi Arabia
• Rest of Middle East & Africa
On the basis of product, this report displays the production, revenue, price, market share and growth rate of each type, primarily split into
• Multifocal Intraocular Lenses
• Adjustable Intraocular Lenses
• Aspheric Intraocular Lenses
On the basis of the end users/applications, this report focuses on the status and outlook for major applications/end users, consumption (sales), market share and growth rate for each application, including
• Research Institute
The key points of this report are:
• To analyze and study the global Intraocular Lenses sales, value, status (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2025).
• Focuses on the key Intraocular Lenses manufacturers, to study the sales, value, market share and development plans in future.
• Focuses on the global key manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the market competition landscape, SWOT analysis.
• To define, describe and forecast the market by type, application and region.
• To analyze the global and key regions market potential and advantage, opportunity and challenge, restraints and risks.
• To identify significant trends and factors driving or inhibiting the market growth.
• To analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders by identifying the high growth segments.
• To strategically analyze each submarket with respect to individual growth trend and their contribution to the market
• To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market
• To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.
• Intraocular Lenses Manufacturers
• Intraocular Lenses Distributors/Traders/Wholesalers
• Intraocular Lenses Subcomponent Manufacturers
• Industry Association
• Downstream Vendors
Research Support Specialist, USA