Xylenes are petrochemicals produced by catalytic reforming and coal carbonization process and are used for making coke fuel. Xylenes occur in original form in coal and wood tar. They are derived from various sources in are finery involving pyrolysis gasoline, toluene disproportion nation and reformate processes. Three types of xylenes exist which includes ortho-xylene, meta-xylene and para-xylene.
Ortho-xylene or O-Xylene is a commercial isomer of xylene and is a two-methyl substituent bond of hydrocarbon and bonded to the aromatic ring. The O-Xylene is used to produce vast amounts odpthalicanhydride (PAN) primarily in dio-octyl phthalate for PVC. PAN is primarily used to plasticizers largely used in automobile and construction industries. Ortho-xylene is also used in solvent- based paints. Ortho-xylene is derived from xylene stream from a plant meant for para-xylene production.
Ortho-Xylene is always found with its m- xylene and p-xylene. Alkylation of toulene is another source of ortho-xylene and ortho-xylene thus has wide application base in industries with its purity content of O-Xylene compound largely finding use in coating industry. The main growth factors for O-Xylene market are defined by growth in construction and automobile industry. Expansion in paints and adhesive market are expected to boost growth in O-Xylene markets.
The alternate drivers of growth for O-Xylene market is global colossal manufacturing scale of Xylene, a well-oiled supply framework and plenty of raw materials in manufacture of O-Xylene helping companies in manufacture of O-Xylene to record profound growth. Restraints to the O-Xylene market are harm created by acute inhalation of ortho-xylene that has immense danger foretold to eyes and damage to neurological system. A prolonged exposure to ortho-xylenes has sustained negative effects on central nervous system, cardio-vascular system and kidneys.
O-Xylene is vulnerable with oxidants causing fires and explosions to originate. Thus, Government has imposed strict orders to usage of ortho-xylene and market in near future and which is likely to hamper the market in near future. A weak market for ortho-xylene is anticipated in Xylene market with decline in prices of xylene in an unstable market for terepthalic acid and paraxylene sectors.
Asia pacific is expected to post prolific growth figures in O-Xylene Industry because of growth in chemical industry and brisk industrialization of chemical sector. Segmentation of Ortho-Xylene market by geographical region includes North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, MEA and Latin America. The key industrial players in the market include Creasy Finechem CO Ltd., Doe and Ingalls, DynaChem, Inc., Minda Petrochemicals Ltd., Shell Chemicals, and SonoccoChemcials.
The major manufacturers covered in this report
• Creasyn Finechem (Tianjin) Co., ltd.
• Reliance industries ltd.
• Puritan Products, Inc.
• Formosa chemicals & fibre corporation
• DynaChem Inc.
• Dow Chemical Company
• Shell Chemicals
• Sunoco Chemicals Inc.
• ExxonMobil Chemicals
• Doe & Ingalls Inc.
• BASF SE
• Minda Petrochemicals (P) Limited
Geographically, this report studies the top producers and consumers, focuses on product capacity, production, value, consumption, market share and growth opportunity in these key regions, covering
• North America
• Other Regions (India, Southeast Asia, Central & South America and Middle East & Africa)
The regional scope of the study is as follows:
• North America
• United States
• South Korea
• Rest of Asia-Pacific
• Rest of Europe
• Central & South America
• Rest of South America
• Middle East & Africa
• Saudi Arabia
• Rest of Middle East & Africa
On the basis of product, this report displays the production, revenue, price, market share and growth rate of each type, primarily split into
• Phthalic Anhydride (PAN)
• Alkyd Resins
• Polyvinyl Chloride Resins
• Unsaturated Polyester Resins
On the basis of the end users/applications, this report focuses on the status and outlook for major applications/end users, consumption (sales), market share and growth rate for each application, including
• Glass-Reinforced Thermosets
• Soya Bean Herbicides
• Lube Oil Additives
The key points of this report are:
• To analyze and study the global O-Xylene capacity, production, value, consumption, status (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2025);
• Focuses on the key O-Xylene manufacturers, to study the capacity, production, value, market share and development plans in future.
• Focuses on the global key manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the market competition landscape, SWOT analysis.
• To define, describe and forecast the market by type, application and region.
• To analyze the global and key regions market potential and advantage, opportunity and challenge, restraints and risks.
• To identify significant trends and factors driving or inhibiting the market growth.
• To analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders by identifying the high growth segments.
• To strategically analyze each submarket with respect to individual growth trend and their contribution to the market
• To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market
• To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.
• O-Xylene Manufacturers
• O-Xylene Distributors/Traders/Wholesalers
• O-Xylene Subcomponent Manufacturers
• Industry Association
• Downstream Vendors
Research Support Specialist, USA