The Global Pigments Market is expected to tick definite growth in forthcoming period. The pigments market witnessed an upsurge in Asia Pacific with growth in constructions sector auguring well for paint sector segment setting new standards in pigment industry. Organic and inorganic pigments sectors are inherently linked to the construction industry and any volatility in construction industry has cascading effect on pigment and paints industry. The textile segment may have been the most sought-after market by any yardstick but still has got to traverse some distance before catching up with paints and coatings market that is still the most growth driven segment for pigments market. The printing ink and papers market is also a demand driver for growth of pigment industry.
Asia Pacific is the soundest market as of now improving upon itself with China and India fostering demand in pigments and middle-class are ones attributed with this change in marketing wisdom. Asia pacific will be the growth engine for pigments with India and China ruling from front and Western Europe will be back on track after suffering reversals in not so distant past. Pigments have three main functions cut out for them and they impart color to the medium, hide the substrate, and wipe out the existing color. They are black, white or colored. Organic pigments consist of carbon atoms, are non –toxic in nature and are environmentally safe. Various types of organic pigments exist which include azo, pthalocynanine, quinacridone and others.
Inorganic pigments are coloring elements obtained from metal oxides by the method of high-temperature calcinations. Inorganic pigments can withstand high temperature conditions and are stronger than organic pigments, hence are widely used in paints and coatings, plastics, constructions, printing ink and others. Examples of inorganic pigments include titanium dioxide pigment, iron oxide pigment, and cadmium pigment, carbon black pigment, chromium oxide pigment and complex inorganic pigment. Specialty pigments produce a range of vibrant colors with brilliant luster and have qualities asked of it in surplus ideal for high-performance paints, coatings, plastics, and cosmetics.
Segmentation of pigments market by type includes Azo, Pthalocyanine, Quinancidrone, Titanium dioxide, Iron Oxide, Cadmium Carbon Black, Chromium Oxide, Complex Inorganic, Classic Organic, Metallic, High Performance, light Interference, Luminescent, Fluoroscent and Thermo-Chromic. Segmentation by geographical region includes North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, MEA, and Latin America. The key industrial players in pigments market include the shepherd Motor Company, Clariant international Limited, Huntsman Corporation, DIC Corporation, Eckhart GmbH, Sudarshan Chemical Industries Ltd., and Fero Corporation.
The major manufacturers covered in this report
• DIC Corporation
• Sun Chemical
• Cathay Industries
• Ishihara Sangyo Kaisha
• Vibfast Pigments
Geographically, this report studies the top producers and consumers, focuses on product capacity, production, value, consumption, market share and growth opportunity in these key regions, covering
• North America
• Other Regions (India, Southeast Asia, Central & South America and Middle East & Africa)
The regional scope of the study is as follows:
• North America
• United States
• South Korea
• Rest of Asia-Pacific
• Rest of Europe
• Central & South America
• Rest of South America
• Middle East & Africa
• Saudi Arabia
• Rest of Middle East & Africa
On the basis of product, this report displays the production, revenue, price, market share and growth rate of each type, primarily split into
• Inorganic Pigments
• Organic Pigments
• Specialty Pigments
On the basis of the end users/applications, this report focuses on the status and outlook for major applications/end users, consumption (sales), market share and growth rate for each application, including
• Paints and Coatings
• Printing Inks
The key points of this report are:
• To analyze and study the global Pigments capacity, production, value, consumption, status (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2025);
• Focuses on the key Pigments manufacturers, to study the capacity, production, value, market share and development plans in future.
• Focuses on the global key manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the market competition landscape, SWOT analysis.
• To define, describe and forecast the market by type, application and region.
• To analyze the global and key regions market potential and advantage, opportunity and challenge, restraints and risks.
• To identify significant trends and factors driving or inhibiting the market growth.
• To analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders by identifying the high growth segments.
• To strategically analyze each submarket with respect to individual growth trend and their contribution to the market
• To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market
• To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.
• Pigments Manufacturers
• Pigments Distributors/Traders/Wholesalers
• Pigments Subcomponent Manufacturers
• Industry Association
• Downstream Vendors
Research Support Specialist, USA