Global Potassium Chlorate Consumption Market is segmented based on the product type, application, and region. Potassium chlorate, also known as Berthollet’s salt, is the inorganic chemical compound with a strong oxidizing agent. Potassium chlorate comes across as a compound containing potassium, oxygen, and chlorine atoms, with molecular formula KClO3. In its pure form, it’s a white crystalline solid that precipitates as well-formed, lustrous crystals which have a silky texture and are poorly soluble in water and glycerol. It is an important potassium compound that can be used as an oxidizer, disinfectant, source of oxygen, and component in pyrotechnics and chemistry demonstrations.
It forms a flammable mixture with combustible materials. The mixture is likely be explosive if combustible material is finely divided. Mixture may be stimulated by friction. Contact with strong sulfuric acid is likely to cause explosions or fire. It may spontaneously decompose and explode when mixed with ammonium salts. It is used for making matches, explosives, paper, and many other uses. Potassium chlorate has numerous applications due to its superior chemical and physical properties. Potassium chlorate is a necessary ingredient in modern firearms. Potassium chlorate is used as an ingredient in smoke compositions such as smoke grenades. Potassium chlorate is also used in laboratories and educational institutions to generate oxygen gas. Potassium chlorate was available as a fruit growth fertilizer as well as weed killer.
Moreover, it is insoluble in water. Potassium chlorate is produced commercially by passing chlorine into the hot milk of lime and subsequently adding potassium chloride. Also, potassium chlorate can be manufactured in small quantities by passing chlorine gas into a hot solution of corrosive potash. Potassium Chlorate Consumption Market is classified, by product type into Pharmaceutical Grade, Chemical Grade. Potassium Chlorate Consumption Market is classified, by application into Explosives, Matches, disinfectants, Bleaches, Medical, and others. Potassium Chlorate Consumption Market is segmented, geographically into North America, Europe (Eastern Europe, Western Europe), Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle east and Africa. Asia Pacific is one of the fastest growing markets for potassium chlorate along with Latin America. China and India are the major consumers of potassium chlorate in Asia Pacific due to growth of defense and pesticide industries.
Republic of Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia, Pakistan and Japan are other major consumers of potassium chlorate in Asia Pacific. North America and Europe are saturated markets and demand for potassium chlorate to grow at a modest rate. Potassium Chlorate Consumption Market key players are, Dow Chemical, E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, Mitsubishi Chemical, LG Chem, BASF, Sumitomo Chemical, Mitsui Chemicals, Toray Industries, Eastman Chemical Company, AkzoNobel and Evonik Industries.
This report focuses on the top manufacturers' Potassium Chlorate capacity, production, value, price and market share of Potassium Chlorate in global market. The following manufacturers are covered in this report:
• Dow Chemical
• E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
• Mitsubishi Chemical
• LG Chem
• Sumitomo Chemical
• Mitsui Chemicals
• Toray Industries
• Eastman Chemical Company
• Evonik Industries
Potassium Chlorate Breakdown Data by Type
• Pharmaceutical Grade
• Chemical Grade
Potassium Chlorate Breakdown Data by Application
Potassium Chlorate Production Breakdown Data by Region
• United States
• Other Regions
Potassium Chlorate Consumption Breakdown Data by Region
• North America
• United States
• South Korea
• Rest of Europe
• Central & South America
• Rest of South America
• Middle East & Africa
• GCC Countries
• South Africa
• Rest of Middle East & Africa
The key points are:
• To analyze and research the global Potassium Chlorate capacity, production, value, consumption, status and forecast;
• To focus on the key Potassium Chlorate manufacturers and study the capacity, production, value, market share and development plans in next few years.
• To focuses on the global key manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the market competition landscape, SWOT analysis.
• To define, describe and forecast the market by type, application and region.
• To analyze the global and key regions market potential and advantage, opportunity and challenge, restraints and risks.
• To identify significant trends and factors driving or inhibiting the market growth.
• To analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders by identifying the high growth segments.
• To strategically analyze each submarket with respect to individual growth trend and their contribution to the market.
• To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
• To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.
Research Support Specialist, USA