Global procalcitonin rapid test kit market is expected to gain a moderate CAGR growth in the forthcoming period. Procalcitonin is termed as a precursor for calcitonin. CT is secreted by the C-cells of the thyroid after hormonal stimulation whereas, procalcitonin (PCT) can be produced by various cell types and organs after pro-inflammatory stimulation, particularly caused by bacterial challenge. The proportion of PCT concentrations may vary in several age-groups but it can be severe in patients with sepsis or sepsis shock.
High PCT levels may exhibit bacterial infection coupled with systemic inflammatory reaction. Generic infections seldom cause PCT circulation whereas slightly elevated PCT concentrations with bacterial infections are observed with a minor systemic inflammatory response. Acute diseases conditions with severe systemic reactions happen to result in high values in cases of severe sepsis or sepsis shock.
PCT test kits accompanied with clinical intervention determine the early outcome of patients dealing with PCT. But, however, a sepsis can be difficult to identify separately from other, non-infectious conditions in severely ill patients with clinical signs of inflammation. In such cases, microbiological conditions may even appear negative. Therefore, in the early phase of PCT it becomes much difficult to suggest any diagnosis.
Driving factors responsible for the growth of procalcitonin rapid test kit market includes growth in bacterial infection in infants and geriatric population. Also, the rise in case of sepsis and acute sepsis shock adds to the growth of industry. Based on segmentation by product, the procalcitonin rapid test kit market includes time-to-result within 20 and time-to-result within 15. Based on segmentation by end-user, market includes clinical applications and research.
Based on geographical segmentation, the procalcitonin rapid test kit market comprises North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle-East and Africa. North America dominates the market growth owing to rise in bacterial infection in infants and adults. Europe market is also expected to gain a positive growth in the global market owing to rise in medical infrastructure and availability of good medical services. APAC market is also expected to exhibit a higher CAGR growth in the forthcoming period due to rise in medical infrastructure and medical science.
The key players in the procalcitonin rapid test kit market include Artron, Radiometer Medical, Biopanda Reagents, Roche Diagnostics, Nano-Ditech Corp, BTNX, Green Mountain Biosystems, Vazyme Biotech, BTNX, Operon Bio Tech & Health Care.
The various contributors involved in the value chain of Procalcitonin Rapid Test Kit include manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, intermediaries, and customers. The key manufacturers in the Procalcitonin Rapid Test Kit include
• Radiometer Medical
• Biopanda Reagents
• Roche Diagnostics
• Nano-Ditech Corp
• Green Mountain Biosystems
• Hangzhou Realy Tech
• Operon Bio Tech & Health Care
• Vazyme Biotech
Market Size Split by Type
• Time-to-Result within 20
• Time-to-Result within 15
• Market Size Split by Application
• Clinical Applications
• Commercial Use
Market size split by Region
• North America
• United States
• South Korea
• Central & South America
• Rest of Central & South America
• Middle East & Africa
• GCC Countries
• South Africa
The key points of this report are:
• To study and analyze the global Procalcitonin Rapid Test Kit market size (value & volume) by company, key regions/countries, products and application, history data from 2013 to 2017, and forecast to 2025.
• To understand the structure of Procalcitonin Rapid Test Kit market by identifying its various subsegments.
• To share detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (growth potential, opportunities, drivers, industry-specific challenges and risks).
• Focuses on the key global Procalcitonin Rapid Test Kit manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the sales volume, value, market share, market competition landscape, SWOT analysis and development plans in next few years.
• To analyze the Procalcitonin Rapid Test Kit with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market.
• To project the value and volume of Procalcitonin Rapid Test Kit submarkets, with respect to key regions (along with their respective key countries).
• To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
• To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.
Research Support Specialist, USA