Global refractometer market has been witnessing a transitional phase in the recent years. Refractometer is an instrument used to measure refractive index of materials. Constant advances in technologies and instant growth in infrastructural advancement have triggered the growth of refractometer market.
Functionally, there are two types of handheld refractometers namely, analog & digital which work on the principle that light passing through a prism has genuine characteristics. Such characteristics are known as BRIX. When light passes through a dry prism, the view remains to be blue in an analog refractometer. On the contrary, a digital refractometer throws an error message. Both the types reveal that light is not being interfered with as it goes through prism.
Other functions of refractometer comprise determination of sample by comparing refractive index to initial known values. Besides, assessing the genuineness of sample by comparing refractive index to the value for pure substance and recognizing the concentration of a solute in a solution in comparison to solution’s refractive index to a standard curve.
Commercially, refractometers are mainly used for measuring substances in solutions specifically in sugar or salty solutions. Therefore, growing inclination of consumers towards nutritional information among food products leads to developing measures to analyze such information. Hence, with such anticipation and initiatives, the refractometer market is expected to rise at a higher CAGR during the forecast period.
The key driving factors responsible for the growth of refractometer market include rise in technological developments resulting into automatic measures for analyzing refractometry. Additionally, parametric analysis with quality in food & beverage products also enhances market growth during the forecast period. However, proper adjustment concerned with manufacturers as it leads to low adoption among end users which hampers the market growth during the forecast period. Overall, rising interest of investors, favorable funding by government and growing trend of automation are likely to project positive outcomes in upcoming years.
Refractometer market is segmented into portable and benchtop refractometers, based on type. Refractometer market is segmented into gemology, food processing, oil industry, pharmaceuticals, paint, research center, sugar refineries and schools based on end-use. Refractometer market is segmented into traditional handheld refractometers, laboratory refractometers, inline refractometers and digital refractometers. Digital refractometers segment is expected to rise at a higher CAGR during the forecast period.
Refractometer market spans North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle-East & Africa. North America is anticipated to rise at a higher CAGR during the forecast period owing to inclination towards adoption of refractometers to analyze food & beverage industry. The key players in the refractometer market include Anton Paar GmbH, Mettler-Toledo International Inc., Rudolph Research Analytical, Hanna Equipments India Pvt. Ltd., and Xylem Analytics.
The major manufacturers covered in this report
• A.KRuSS Optronic
• AFAB Enterprises
• Rudolph Research
• Mettler Toledo
• K-Patent Oy
• Hanna Instruments
• Optika Srl
• Anton Paar
• ARIANA Industrie GmbH
• Wyatt Technology
• J.P Selecta
• Thermo Scientific
• KEM Electronics
Geographically, this report studies the top producers and consumers, focuses on product capacity, production, value, consumption, market share and growth opportunity in these key regions, covering
• North America
• Southeast Asia
We can also provide the customized separate regional or country-level reports, for the following regions:
• North America
• United States
• South Korea
• Rest of Asia-Pacific
• Rest of Europe
• Central & South America
• Rest of South America
• Middle East & Africa
• Saudi Arabia
• Rest of Middle East & Africa
On the basis of product, this report displays the production, revenue, price, market share and growth rate of each type, primarily split into
• Traditional Handheld Refractometers
• Digital Handheld Refractometers
• Laboratory or Abbe Refractometers
• Inline Process Refractometers
On the basis of the end users/applications, this report focuses on the status and outlook for major applications/end users, consumption (sales), market share and growth rate for each application, including
• Food and Beverage Industry
• Chemical & Petrochemical Industry
• Research and Development Institute
The study objectives of this report are:
• To analyze and study the global Refractometer capacity, production, value, consumption, status (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2025);
• Focuses on the key Refractometer manufacturers, to study the capacity, production, value, market share and development plans in future.
• Focuses on the global key manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the market competition landscape, SWOT analysis.
• To define, describe and forecast the market by type, application and region.
• To analyze the global and key regions market potential and advantage, opportunity and challenge, restraints and risks.
• To identify significant trends and factors driving or inhibiting the market growth.
• To analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders by identifying the high growth segments.
• To strategically analyze each submarket with respect to individual growth trend and their contribution to the market
• To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market
• To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.
• Refractometer Manufacturers
• Refractometer Distributors/Traders/Wholesalers
• Refractometer Subcomponent Manufacturers
• Industry Association
• Downstream Vendors
Research Support Specialist, USA