Global Solid State Transformers (SST) Market is expected to grow at a positive CAGR in the estimated period. A solid state transformer is a component comprising a multi-stage power electronics converter isolated having a high frequency transformer. On contrary, classical distribution transformer possess characteristics such as bulkiness, harmful on exposure to external environment, produces large inrush currents owing to core saturation. Whereas, a solid state transformer overcomes all hurdles and offers output compensation, instantaneous voltage regulation, voltage sag compensation, fault isolation, harmonic isolation, DC output, environmental benefit and metering or advanced distribution automation.
The need to manufacture solid state transformers rose due to need for conversion of AC to AC step-up or step-down with some functions identical to that of a conventional transformer. Simply put, the disadvantages offered by conventional transformer are overcome by a solid state transformer and a more relevant and precise output can be achieved. Also, it has the capacity to work as energy router for smart grid energy internet. Hence, the field of application of power electronic based solid state transformer is not limited upto only distribution level.
Commercially, the driving factors responsible for the growth of solid state transformers (SST) market include growing demand for alternative power generation. Also, the rising adoption of renewable power sources such as wind & solar energy, traction locomotives are some major factors driving the solid state transformers (SST) market growth.
Geographically, the solid state transformers (SST) market spans North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle-East and Africa.North America dominates the market growth in the estimated period owing to manufacture of solid state transformers (SST) and high awareness among the consumers for power generation. APAC regions are also expected to grow at a higher CAGR in the estimated period. MEA regions pose as potential regions for the development of solid state transformers (SST) market.
The key players in the solid state transformers (SST) market include ABB Ltd., Schneider Electric SE, General Electric Co., Siemens AG, Alstom SA, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Eaton Corporation plc (Cooper Power Systems), Gridbridge, Inc., Varentec, Inc. and Maschinenfabrik Reinhausen (MR)
The major manufacturers covered in this report
• Schneider Electric
• Avago Technologies
• Cooper Power Systems
• SPX Transformers
• Duke Energy
Geographically, this report studies the top producers and consumers, focuses on product capacity, production, value, consumption, market share and growth opportunity in these key regions, covering
• North America
• Other Regions
The regional scope of the study is as follows:
• North America
• United States
• South Korea
• Rest of Asia-Pacific
• Rest of Europe
• Central & South America
• Rest of South America
• Middle East & Africa
• Saudi Arabia
• Rest of Middle East & Africa
On the basis of product, this report displays the production, revenue, price, market share and growth rate of each type, primarily split into
• Distribution Solid State Transformer
• Traction Solid State Transformer
• Power Solid State Transformer
On the basis of the end users/applications, this report focuses on the status and outlook for major applications/end users, consumption (sales), market share and growth rate for each application, including
• Alternative Power Generation
• Smart Grid
• Traction Locomotives
• EV Charging
The key points of this report are:
• To analyze and study the global Solid State Transformers (SST) capacity, production, value, consumption, status (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2025);
• Focuses on the key Solid State Transformers (SST) manufacturers, to study the capacity, production, value, market share and development plans in future.
• Focuses on the global key manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the market competition landscape, SWOT analysis.
• To define, describe and forecast the market by type, application and region.
• To analyze the global and key regions market potential and advantage, opportunity and challenge, restraints and risks.
• To identify significant trends and factors driving or inhibiting the market growth.
• To analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders by identifying the high growth segments.
• To strategically analyze each submarket with respect to individual growth trend and their contribution to the market
• To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market
• To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.
• Solid State Transformers (SST) Manufacturers
• Solid State Transformers (SST) Distributors/Traders/Wholesalers
• Solid State Transformers (SST) Subcomponent Manufacturers
• Industry Association
• Downstream Vendors
Research Support Specialist, USA