The global starch-based bioplastics market witnessed a positive CAGR growth in the assessment period. Starch-based bioplastics are manufactured with slightly or natively modified starches which are either isolated or assorted with synthetic or natural molecules. The resultant lactic acid polymerization is obtained via fermentation od starch. Hence, under this category polylactic acid is considered as one of the largest potential in the upcoming years. From the commercial aspect, starch-based bioplastics are identical to those of low-density polyethylene (LDPE) and are used in manufacture of recyclable bags for organic waste, packaging materials and hygiene products.
Driving factors responsible for the growth of starch-based bioplastics market includes rise in disposable income, instant growth in global economy and growth in use of medical applications such as wound treatments, space filling implants and drug release. In addition, massive growth in medical field due to technological progress is also anticipated in the market growth. Also, addition of biopolymer films for agriculture & horticulture contributed to the market growth. Furthermore, rise in consumer awareness pertaining to use of green products and rise in investments by prominent players also contributes to the market growth in assessment period.
Product segmentation for starch-based bioplastics industry includes extrusion, blow molding, foaming and thermoforming. Segmentation based on end-user/application, the starch-based bioplastics market includes flexible packaging, rigid packaging, textile, agriculture & horticulture, building & construction, electrical & electronics, consumer goods and automotive transport.
Geographical segmentation for starch-based bioplastics industry spans North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle-East and Africa. Europe accounted for a major share in the market growth followed by North America and APAC regions. Factors such as rise in preference for starch based bioplastics influences the market growth. The key players in the starch-based bioplastics market include Tagleef Industries, Innovia Films, Biome Plastics, Greenhome, Natureworks L.L.C, Novamont S.P.A, Corbion, Biobag International, BASF SE, Toray Industries, Cardia Bioplastics and Braskem S.A.
This report focuses on the top manufacturers' Starch-based Bioplastics capacity, production, value, price and market share of Starch-based Bioplastics in global market. The following manufacturers are covered in this report:
• Biome Bioplastics
• Innovia Films
• Novamont S.P.A
• NatureWorks LLC
• BASF SE
• Biobag International
• Cardia Bioplastics
• Toray Industries
• Braskem S.A
Starch-based Bioplastics Breakdown Data by Type
• Blow Moulding
• Injection Molding
• Others (Thermoforming and Foaming)
Starch-based Bioplastics Breakdown Data by Application
• Rigid Packaging
• Flexible Packaging
• Agriculture & Horticulture
• Consumer Goods
• Automotive Transport
• Electrical & Electronics
• Building & Construction
Starch-based Bioplastics Production Breakdown Data by Region
• United States
• Other Regions
Starch-based Bioplastics Breakdown Data by Region
• North America
• United States
• South Korea
• Rest of Europe
• Central & South America
• Rest of South America
• Middle East & Africa
• GCC Countries
• South Africa
• Rest of Middle East & Africa
The key points are:
• To analyze and research the global Starch-based Bioplastics capacity, production, value, status and forecast;
• To focus on the key Starch-based Bioplastics manufacturers and study the capacity, production, value, market share and development plans in next few years.
• To focuses on the global key manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the market competition landscape, SWOT analysis.
• To define, describe and forecast the market by type, application and region.
• To analyze the global and key regions market potential and advantage, opportunity and challenge, restraints and risks.
• To identify significant trends and factors driving or inhibiting the market growth.
• To analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders by identifying the high growth segments.
• To strategically analyze each submarket with respect to individual growth trend and their contribution to the market.
• To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
• To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.
Research Support Specialist, USA