Global vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) market is segmented into Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa and North America as per geography. Vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) is a vital part of petrochemical industry. Vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) is mainly used for producing poly vinyl chloride (PVC) which is mostly used in the construction and piping industry.
It is also used in electrical, agricultural and heath care sectors. Other minor uses of VCM include manufacture of ethylene diamine for the production of resins and manufacture of chlorinated solvents. VCM is produced by hydro-chlorination of acetylene and the de-hydro-chlorination of ethylene dichloride. This process is polluting the environment and is highly energy consuming but the low cost of coal fields gives an advantage to China.
Substitution of PVC by traditional materials is the key driving force for the vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) market. But lack of diversification in end-use industries and environmental and health issues will hinder the growth of industry in the coming years. Technological development can overcome this barrier and many players in the market have already started taking initiatives in this regard. Other challenges faced by industry are volatility of feedstock prices and competition from other polyolefin’s hampering the VCMs capacity addition.
Vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) market is expected to grow positively owing to growing construction industry coupled with piping industry during the predicted period. They are considered as a dynamic part of petrochemical industry. Vinyl chloride monomer is primarily used for polyvinyl chloride (PVC) production along with some copolymer resins which is used by building and construction sector. Development coupled with growth in the healthcare, agriculture and electrical sector are expected to propel global vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) market over the forecast period.
Increase in PVC application such as pipe & fittings, cable & wires, floorings, tubes, windows, floorings, bottles and doors are expected to further develop global vinyl chloride monomer market over the forecast period. Vinyl chloride monomers are also used in ethylene diamine and chlorinated solvents production. Shifting focus for bio based vinyl chloride monomer is expected to be the major opportunity for vinyl chloride monomer market growth over the forecast period. They are produced by acetylene hydro-chlorination and ethylene dichloride de-hydro-chlorination. Process involved in vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) production which is called balanced process which is expected to pollute environment as it consumes huge amount of energy. Major VCM parts are used in poly vinyl chloride (PVC) production.
Vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) market is segmented on the basis of application and geography. On the basis of application, the vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) market is segmented into poly vinyl chloride (PVC), construction, building, electrical, agriculture sector and so on.“PVC” was the major segment in VCM and is expected to be the major segment in the vinyl chloride monomer application. The vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) market is expected to grow at a moderate rate with a single digit compounded annual growth rate (CAGR). Asia Pacific is the largest consumer of VCM, with a large contributing of the total VCM consumption followed by North America and Europe.
The high demand for PVC is the major driving force for the global vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) market. Almost all the vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) produced globally is used for PVC production. The United States is the largest manufacturer of VCM owing to lower prices of feedstock and technological development, followed by China. VCM growth in developing countries is higher than developed countries as demand for PVC production is higher due to booming infrastructure in these countries.
The key players in the vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) industry are Dow Chemicals, Occidental Chemical Corporation, Georgia Gulf Corporation, Formosa Plastics Group, Axiall, Bayer, Chemson Group, Mexichem, Nova Chemical, DuPont, Sabic, Tosoh Finechem Corporation, Taiwan VCM Corporation (TVCM), Solvay, Sasol, Shinetsu, SP Chemicals, Mitsui Toatsu Chemicals, ThyssenKrupp, Cecon Group, Shintech, QPEC, Shanghai Chlor-Alkali Chemical, Tianyuan Group, Yinglite Chemicals, Jinlu Group, Huasu Group and angda Group.
The major manufacturers covered in this report
• AGC Chemicals
• Beiyuan Group
• DCM Shriram
• Egyptian Petrochemical
• Inner Mongolia Elion
• SP Chemicals
• LG Chem
Geographically, this report studies the top producers and consumers, focuses on product capacity, production, value, consumption, market share and growth opportunity in these key regions, covering
• North America
• Other Regions (India, Southeast Asia, Central & South America and Middle East & Africa)
The regional scope of the study is as follows:
• North America
• United States
• South Korea
• Rest of Asia-Pacific
• Rest of Europe
• Central & South America
• Rest of South America
• Middle East & Africa
• Saudi Arabia
• Rest of Middle East & Africa
On the basis of product, this report displays the production, revenue, price, market share and growth rate of each type, primarily split into
• Calcium Carbide Based
• Ethylene Based
On the basis of the end users/applications, this report focuses on the status and outlook for major applications/end users, consumption (sales), market share and growth rate for each application, including
• Pipes & Fittings
• Films & Sheets
• Wires & Cables
The key points of this report are:
• To analyze and study the global Vinyl Chloride Monomer (VCM) capacity, production, value, consumption, status (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2025);
• Focuses on the key Vinyl Chloride Monomer (VCM) manufacturers, to study the capacity, production, value, market share and development plans in future.
• Focuses on the global key manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the market competition landscape, SWOT analysis.
• To define, describe and forecast the market by type, application and region.
• To analyze the global and key regions market potential and advantage, opportunity and challenge, restraints and risks.
• To identify significant trends and factors driving or inhibiting the market growth.
• To analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders by identifying the high growth segments.
• To strategically analyze each submarket with respect to individual growth trend and their contribution to the market
• To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market
• To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.
• Vinyl Chloride Monomer (VCM) Manufacturers
• Vinyl Chloride Monomer (VCM) Distributors/Traders/Wholesalers
• Vinyl Chloride Monomer (VCM) Subcomponent Manufacturers
• Industry Association
• Downstream Vendors
Research Support Specialist, USA