Global Vision Care Product Market is segmented by Distribution Channel into Retail stores, Online stores, Clinics, and Hospitals. Vision care is defined as the anticipation or minimization of threats to the eye or visual integrity. Vision care deals with both - vision and eye associated problems, and corrects refractive errors by prescribed eyeglasses and contact lenses. The two eyes deliver about half of the total sensory input from entire body to the brain. Eyes are sensitive to inflammation, infection, or trauma that may end up in blindness. Uncorrected refractive mistakes are the main cause of severe and reasonable visual impairment, while the circumstances such as pink eye and cataracts (non-refractive errors) are the foremost causes of blindness in middle and low-income countries.
The governments in many countries have presented national programs and strategies to control and prevent visual impairment. Eye care services are easily obtainable and progressively being integrated into primary and secondary healthcare systems. High investments from leading players of the market and increasing research with respect to cultivation and supply of eyeglasses, lenses are expected to drive the vision care product market. In terms of revenue, the North American vision care market is expected to hold the largest market share by 2021. This could be attributed to cumulative occurrence of the chronic diseases and the upsurge in aging population prone to eye disorders such as cataract, glaucoma, etc.
The vision care products market is determined by growth in the number of patients suffering from eye disorders such as astigmatism, myopia, presbyopia, and hyperopia. Myopia is the most common disorder and affects 1.6 billion people across the globe, though presbyopia is originated in about one billion people globally. The spread of hyperopia disorder is mounting at an important level in the aging population. More than half of the population aged 65 and above in the U.S. are infected with hyperopia.
Currently, vision care product market is driven by the aging population, increasing occurrence of eye disorders such as myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism and presbyopia, technological advancement in the healthcare industry. Increase in disposable income levels coupled with health consciousness among general population is expected to drive the vision care product market by 2021. Also, increased usage of computers and television has contributed towards the growth of vision care products at the global level.
Vision Care Product Market is segmented by Product Spectacle lenses into single vision spectacle lenses(Digital lenses), Progressive lenses, Contact Lenses (Soft contact lenses, Rigid gas permeable lenses, Disposable contact lenses), Cleaning and disinfecting solutions, Eye glasses (Single vision eyeglasses, Bifocal eyeglasses, Progressive eye glasses). Vision Care Product Market is segmented by Geographical Region into North America, South America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Asia-Pacific, Japan, Middle East, and Africa.
Asia-Pacific is emerging as a dominating vision care products market due to increasing awareness regarding healthcare and rising disposable income. Among the Asian countries, India and China are more promising due to large population pool, and increasing number of hospitals. Vision Care Product Market Key Players include Alcon, Inc., SEIKO OPTICAL PRODUCTS CO., LTD., Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Essilor International, CIBA Vision Corporation, Bausch & Lomb Incorporated, Cooper Vision, Inc., ZEISS Group, HOYA CORPORATION and others.
The major manufacturers covered in this report
• Alcon, Inc.
• SEIKO OPTICAL PRODUCTS CO., LTD.
• Johnson & Johnson Vision Care
• Essilor International
• CIBA Vision Corporation
• Bausch & Lomb Incorporated
• CooperVision, Inc.
• ZEISS Group
• HOYA CORPORATION
Geographically, this report studies the key regions, focuses on product sales, value, market share and growth opportunity in these regions, covering
• North America
• South America
• Middle East & Africa
The regional scope of the study is as follows:
• North America
• United States
• South Korea
• Rest of Asia-Pacific
• Rest of Europe
• Central & South America
• Rest of South America
• Middle East & Africa
• Saudi Arabia
• Rest of Middle East & Africa
On the basis of product, this report displays the production, revenue, price, market share and growth rate of each type, primarily split into
• Contact Lenses
On the basis of the end users/applications, this report focuses on the status and outlook for major applications/end users, consumption (sales), market share and growth rate for each application, including
The key points of this report are:
• To analyze and study the global Vision Care Products sales, value, status (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2025).
• Focuses on the key Vision Care Products manufacturers, to study the sales, value, market share and development plans in future.
• Focuses on the global key manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the market competition landscape, SWOT analysis.
• To define, describe and forecast the market by type, application and region.
• To analyze the global and key regions market potential and advantage, opportunity and challenge, restraints and risks.
• To identify significant trends and factors driving or inhibiting the market growth.
• To analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders by identifying the high growth segments.
• To strategically analyze each submarket with respect to individual growth trend and their contribution to the market
• To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market
• To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.
• Vision Care Products Manufacturers
• Vision Care Products Distributors/Traders/Wholesalers
• Vision Care Products Subcomponent Manufacturers
• Industry Association
• Downstream Vendors
Research Support Specialist, USA