The global cell therapy market size is expected to value USD 23.0 billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 14.5% from 2021 to 2028. The market is driven by the emergence of advanced cellular therapy methods that can help restore, replace, repair, and regenerate damaged tissues among patients suffering from chronic ailments. Companies are leveraging innovative technologies to improve their product portfolio and strengthen their global footprint in this highly competitive market.
Cell-based therapies are a promising sector for investments and an alternative to traditional treatment strategies, thus, fueling the market growth. Oncology has the most active clinical trials out of all therapeutic specialties. For clinical research, T cells, CD34+ and/or CD133+ stem cells, and mesenchymal stem/stromal cells are primarily used.
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a mild impact on biopharmaceutical companies, but several cellular therapy development organizations have seen a severely unfavorable impact. This can be ascribed to the challenges in logistics and manufacturing processes amid the lockdowns. However, the ongoing demand for commercial translation of cell-based medicine is driving stable funding and research activities.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, "please" click the link below:
Cell Therapy Market Highlights
• Owing to intensive research efforts aimed at developing efficient cell and gene therapies, the research-use segment accounted for the highest market share in 2020
• The clinical-use segment is set to dominate the cell therapy market during the forecast period as a result of the sluggish rise in the number of FDA-approved cellular therapies
• The malignancies therapeutic segment emerged as the leading segment in 2020 owing to the growing stem cells application in treating different cancers including multiple myeloma, acute myeloid leukemia, and non-Hodgkin lymphoma
• Geographically, North America captured the largest chunk of revenue in 2020 due to massive investments made by federal bodies to spur R&D activities in the region
Cell Therapy Market Segments
Cell Therapy Use-type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2028)
• By Therapeutic Area
• Muscoskeletal Disorders
• Autoimmune Disorders
• By Cell Type
• Stem Cell Therapies
• BM, Blood, & Umbilical cord-derived Stem Cells
• Adipose-derived cells
• Non-stem Cell Therapies
Cell Therapy Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2028)
• Allogenic Therapies
• Autologous Therapies
Cell Therapy Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2028)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• Latin America
• Middle East & Africa
• South Africa
List of Key Players in the Cell Therapy Market
• Kolon TissueGene, Inc.
• Anterogen Co., Ltd.
• JCR Pharmaceuticals Co., Ltd.
• Castle Creek Biosciences, Inc.
• The Future of Biotechnology, MEDIPOST
• Osiris Therapeutics, Inc.
• PHARMICELL Co., Ltd
• Tameika Cell Technologies, Inc.
• Cells for Cells
• NuVasive, Inc.
• Vericel Corporation
• Celgene Corporation