Research Support Specialist, USA
The global hospital gowns market size was worth USD 4.3 billion in 2021 which is projected to expand at a CAGR of 12.88% and reach USD 12.8 billion by 2030. Factors like a surge in incidents of healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) on the account of inadequate sanitation and precautionary measures and an increase in the number of surgeries are constituted to drive the market growth in the forecast period.
The onset of the COVID-19 pandemic resulted in the expansion of the market since there was an inflation in the number of hospital admissions which ensured a huge demand for medical disposables across the world. Besides, contributions by the World Health Organization (WHO) resulted in a huge surge in the need for personal protective equipment (PPE) by 40%, all of which are likely to propel the market growth in the coming years.
The adoption of unhealthy lifestyles, smoking, consumption of alcohol, and antimicrobial resistance augmented hospital admissions, which positively provoked the upliftment of the market. Besides, the prevalence of chronic diseases like diabetes is expected to impact 700 million adults by 2045, contributing to the increase in demand for hospital gowns and boosts the market growth in the forecast period.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, "please" click the link below:
Hospital Gowns Market Report Highlights
• Based on type insights, the surgical gowns segment dominated the market with a 53.2% revenue share in 2021 due to the provision of protection against contaminations and infections
• The patient gowns segment is expected to reveal a CAGR of 14.65% during the forecast period owing to a surge in patients’ admission at hospitals, and clinics and contributions by market players
• Based on usability insights, the disposable gowns segment upheld the market with a 67.42% revenue share in 2021 on the account of cost-effective, safety, and quality prevalence to combat infections
• The reusable gowns segment is projected to expand at a CAGR of 12.97% during the forecast period because of features like biocompatibility, high sterilization, and tear resistance
• Based on risk-type insights, the high-risk gowns segment dominated the market with a 28.56% revenue share in 2021 due to an increase in research activities, and hospital admissions
• The minimal-risk gowns segment is constituted to grow at 13.75% during the forecast period owing to its utilization as cover robes at medical and isolation centers, and for academic and research purposes
• Based on regional insights, North America dominated the market with a revenue share of 31.60% in 2021 due to the expansion in surgeries, personal healthcare, and innovations by market players
• Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a CAGR of 13.6% during the forecast period on the account of safety awareness, the need for sanitation, and the emergence of healthcare institutions
Hospital Gowns Market Report Segments
Hospital Gowns Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
• Surgical Gowns
• Non-surgical Gowns
• Patient Gowns
Hospital Gowns Usability Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
• Disposable Gowns
• Reusable Gowns
Hospital Gowns Risk Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
Hospital Gowns End-Use Outlook (Revenue USD Million; 2017 - 2030)
• Specialty Clinic
Hospital Gowns Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• South Korea
• Latin America
• Middle East and Africa (MEA)
• South Africa
• Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players in the Hospital Gowns Market
• Medline Industries, Inc.
• Standard Textile Co., Inc.
• Angelica Corporation
• AmeriPride Services Inc.
• Cardinal Healt