The global omega-3 market size was USD 2.10 billion in 2020 which is anticipated to reach USD 3.82 billion by 2028. Primary reasons for the growth include the prevalence of cardiovascular diseases (CVDs), changes in dietary habits, and a focus on immunity development. Additionally, the inclusion of omega-3 in regular diets is essential for the maintenance of brain and heart health, which is likely to up-scale the market growth during the forecast period.
The rising cases of obesity and heart disorder in the U.S is projected to boost the market in the forecast period. In 2020, 690,882 deaths were recorded owing to the increase in heart disease in the U.S. Besides, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has successfully approved omega-3 supplements for treating patients and combating diseases, which is likely to contribute towards the upliftment of the market during the forecast period.
Manufacturers are focusing on the implementation of advanced manufacturing technologies for diminishing environmental pollutants from fish oil. Additionally, to enhance the omega-3 content in final products, they are striving to curtail the oxidation levels to promote health advantages associated with fish oil. Such contributions by manufacturers are expected to propel the market growth in the forecast period.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, "please" click the link below:
Omega 3 Market Report Highlights
• Based on type insights, the DHA segment dominated the market with a 62% revenue share in 2020 owing to the benefit of DHA for combating cholesterol and refinement of health conditions
• The EPA segment is constituted to grow in the forecast period on the account of a surge in the need for essential supplements and anti-inflammatory properties for maintaining the immunity system
• Based on source insights, the marine source segment dominated the market with the largest revenue share of 82.8% in 2020 due to the accessibility of fish oil as an essential marine source derived that is produced from anchovy fish
• Based on application insights, the supplement, and functional foods segment accounted for a 52.1% revenue share in 2020 due to the demand for DHA supplements by pregnant ladies and athletes
• Based on regional insights, North America dominated the market with the largest revenue share of 37.3% in 2020 owing to the increased focus on R&D by organizations to develop omega 3 products
Omega 3 Market Report Segments
Omega-3 Type Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2028)
• Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)
• Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA)
• Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA)
Omega-3 Source Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2028)
• Marine Source
• Plant Source
Omega-3 Application Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2028)
• Supplements & Functional Foods
• Infant Formula
• Animal Feed & Pet Food
Omega-3 Regional Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2028)
• North America
• The Netherlands
• Asia Pacific
• New Zealand
• Central & South America (CSA)
• Middle East & Africa (MEA)
List of Key Players in Omega-3 Market
• Aker Biomarine Antarctic AS
• Orkla Health
• BASF SE
• Omega Protein Corp.
• GC Reiber Oils
• Croda International Plc
• BioProcess Algae, LLC
• Koninklijke DSM N.V.