The global preclinical CRO market size was valued at USD 4.87 billion in 2021 and is projected to reach USD 9.67 billion by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of 7.9%. Two major factors primarily determining the preclinical CRO market growth are the growth in opportunities for outsourcing preclinical CRO services and early research activities during the drug discovery process.
The market is predicted to witness profitable growth in the forthcoming years. The implementation of a worldwide lockdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic negatively impacted the preclinical CRO market for a temporary period and led to a shutdown of the research sites and new trials put to hold. However, lifesaving drugs are again being developed and brought to the market at a swift pace currently.
The market is undergoing several remarkable expansions with a series of mergers and acquisitions resulting in better international reach of larger companies, in addition to full-service capabilities improvement. Mid-sized companies and smaller contract research organizations are focusing on niche sectors while multiple companies are currently engaging in research and developmental activities for new drugs.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, "please" click the link below:
Preclinical CRO Market Report Highlights
• The toxicology segment in 2021 registered the largest share of more than 25.48% due to its significance in Investigational New Drug (IND)-enabling studies
• In 2021, North America held the highest revenue share due to the huge investments in healthcare R&D with highly developed healthcare infrastructure
• The 21st Century Cures bill was passed in 2021 to quicken the approval process for the launch of breakthrough drugs and medical devices
• A wide range of organizations around the globe have invested in and funded for development of various medical devices and therapeutics for COVID-19
Preclinical CRO Market Segments
Preclinical CRO Service Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 - 2030)
• Bioanalysis and DMPK studies
• In vitro ADME
• In-vivo PK
• Toxicology Testing
• Compound Management
• Process R&D
• Custom Synthesis
• Medicinal Chemistry
• Computation Chemistry
• Safety Pharmacology
Preclinical CRO Model Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 - 2030)
• Patient Derived Organoid (PDO) Model
• Patient derived xenograft model
Preclinical CRO End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 - 2030)
• Biopharmaceutical Companies
• Government and Academic Institutes
• Medical Device Companies
Preclinical CRO Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018- 2030)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• South Korea
• Latin America
• Middle East & Africa
• South Africa
• Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players in the Preclinical CRO Market
• Eurofins Scientific
• PRA Health Sciences, Inc.
• Wuxi AppTec
• Medpace, Inc.
• Charles River Laboratories International, Inc.
• Pharmaceutical Product Development (PPD), LLC
• SGS SA (SGS)
• Intertek Group Plc (IGP)
• Laboratory Corporation of America, Inc.
• Crown Bioscience