The global protein supplements market size was totaled USD 6.26 billion in 2021 and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 8.0% from 2022 to 2030. The market growth is attributed to the growing awareness regarding health concerns among the larger population. Moreover, the growing focus on fitness and building muscles is demanding protein supplements and based products. Protein supplements fulfill daily nutrition requirements.
Manufacturers operating in the market are focusing on valorizing ingredients to improve the nutritional contents of products. The animal-based supplements have gained traction in past years. However, the rising shift towards plant-based products has created opportunities for the market to expand significantly in forthcoming years. It has become a cheaper alternative for the products to gain the attention of the general population and all age groups.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the consumption of protein supplements increased to strengthen the immune system. As per the survey conducted by Glanbia plc in the U. S, the percentage of consumption of protein bars increased from 21 to 23% from March 2020 to April 2020. Moreover, in the lockdown situation, people started looking after their meal intake and balanced diet alternatives. These factors have contributed to the protein supplement market growth during the pandemic period.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, "please" click the link below:
Protein Supplements Market Report Highlights
• By product, protein powder led the market in 2021 owing to the rising demand from bodybuilders, athletes, and fitness enthusiasts. This segment is estimated to register significant profit as the demand is continuing to increase.
• Based on the source, animal-based protein supplements dominated the market accounting for over 65% of the total market share in 2021.The constitution of amino acids which provides required nutritional properties is driving the segment growth.
• Based on region, the Asia Pacific market is estimated to summon the largest market share during the forecast period due to the rising disposable income levels and increasing health-concerned population of the region. Furthermore, modernization and the growing desire for quick-to-drink (RTD) supplement choices in developing nations like China and India are additional factors driving the product demand in the region.
Protein Supplements Market Report Segments
Protein Supplements Source Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
• Pumpkin Seed
Protein Supplements Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
• Protein Powder
• Protein Bars
Protein Supplements Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
• Online Stores
Protein Supplements Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
• Sports Nutrition
• Functional Foods
Protein Supplements Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• Central & South America
• Middle East & Africa
• Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players in Protein Supplements Market
• Glanbia PLC
• MusclePharm Corporation
• Abbott Laboratories
• CytoSport, Inc.
• Iovate Health Sciences International Inc.
• THE BOUNTIFUL COMPANY
• AMCO Proteins
• NOW Foods
• Transparent Labs
• WOODBOLT DISTRIBUTION LLC
• Dymatize Enterprises LLC
• RSP Nutrition
• BPI Sports LLC
• International Dehydrated Foods, Inc.
• GELITA AG