The global roaming tariff market is projected to attain USD 88.9 billion, by the end of 2027, and is anticipated to grow at the CAGR of 4.5% over the forecast period, 2020 to 2027, according to a new report by Million Insights. Increasing penetration of digital media & internet network is projected to surge the market growth. In addition, a growing number of LTE subscribers owing to a wider network range are also boosting the market growth. 4G network offers lower latency and allows data access while traveling abroad with the support roaming services.
Rising number of smartphone users along with growing internet services especially in emerging economies is projected to create ample opportunities for market growth. In 2018, the number of internet users across developing countries constituted for 2,868 million. According to GSMA, smartphones are anticipated to be the most favored mobile devices and expected to boost up to 80.0% by the end of 2025.
Growing international tourism sector is also projected to support market growth. In 2017, the government of Australia stated that, around 8.6 million international travelers, tourists have visited the country. Additionally, the government of Australia has signed a memorandum of understanding with India, and China in 2014, and 2016 to bolster the growth tourism industry.
In 2020, the introduction of 5G service is projected to improve the network capabilities by providing efficient roaming services. Moreover, government guidelines on tariff margins regarding network selection may hamper the growth of the roaming tariff market.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, "please" click the link below:
Further key findings from the report suggest:
• Based on type, in 2019, international roaming segment contributed to largest market share of more than 70.0% in the overall market. It is anticipated to grow at the fastest CAGR of around 13.1% during the forecasted period, mainly due to COVID-19 crisis.
• In 2019, wholesale roaming type segment accounted for value of USD 45.0 billion in the overall market. It is anticipated to register CAGR of over 4.0% during the forecasted period.
• Asia Pacific is projected to grow at a significant rate of CAGR due to rising number of smartphone and internet users.
• The roaming tariff market represents fierce competition among global players with focus on expanding network across the globe.
• Key players in the market focus on acquisitions & mergers to remain competent in the market.
Million Insights has segmented the roaming tariff market based on roaming type, distribution channel, service, and region:
Roaming Tariff Roaming Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
Roaming Tariff Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
• Retail Roaming
• Wholesale Roaming
Roaming Tariff Service Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
Roaming Tariff Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• Latin America
• Middle East & Africa
List of Key Players of Roaming Tariff Market
• AT&T Inc.
• America Movil
• Bharti Airtel Ltd.
• China Mobile Ltd.
• Vodafone Group plc
• Verizon Communications Inc.
• Telefonica SA
• Sprint Corporation
• Deutsche Telekom AG
• Digicel Group