The United States wound care centers market size is projected to account for USD 17.0 billion by the end of 2027, growing at 3.7% CAGR over the forecast duration, as per a new study by Million Insights. Rise in awareness about the application of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) in the treatment of chronic wounds coupled with increasing geriatrics population is driving the market growth. As per the United States Census Bureau in 2020, there has been 34.2% growth in geriatric population in the country in the last one decade.
The rise in the number of pressure sores, foot ulcers, sun radiation caused sores, and other wound caused by poor blood circulation is projected to supplement market growth. Increasing prevalence of chronic diseases such as diabetes is likely to spur market growth. As per the American Diabetes Association, nearly 34.2 million of the United States population suffered from diabetes in 2018. Diabetes person tends to develop wounds that are slow healing. Such wounds rot easily, thereby, causing various infections near bone or tissue.
Key players in the U.S. wound care centers market are EmergeOrtho, Natchitoches Regional Medical Center, Healogics, Inc., Clarion Hospital and Schoolcraft Memorial Hospital among others. These players are focusing on expanding their geographical presence in the United States along partnering with other service providers.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, "please" click the link below:
Further key findings from the report suggest:
• In 2019, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) held the largest share in the market owing to its effectiveness in treating chronic diseases.
• As stated in the American Journal of Managed Care (AMJC),almost 230 amputations take place owing to diabetes each year in the United States.
• HBOT segment is likely to register the highest growth over the forecast duration.
• In order to provide treatment during the COVID-19 pandemic period, several service providers have introduced innovative solutions. For example, Healogics, Inc. introduced Tele health Program in over 600 wound care centers in the United States.
Million Insights has segmented the U.S. wound care centers market on the basis of procedure:
U.S. Wound Care Centers Procedure Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
• Negative pressure wound therapy
• Compression therapy
• Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
• Specialized dressings
• Infection control and Others
List of Key Players of the U.S. Wound Care Centers Market
• Baptist Health South Florida
• TOWER WOUND CARE CENTER
• SNF Wound Care
• Wound Care Center NYC
• WOUND INSTITUTE OF AMERICA
• North Shore Health and Hyperbarics
• Natchitoches Regional Medical Center