The global viral vectors and plasmid DNA manufacturing market size was valued at USD 2.9 billion in 2021 and is expected to reach USD 11.2 billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 14.7% from 2022 to 2030. The market growth is primarily fueled by the rising global incidences of cancer disease and the development in the accessibility of urbane healthcare amenities. Furthermore, various gene therapy treatments such as therapeutic gene vaccines, anti-angiogenesis, suicide gene therapy, and oncolytic virotherapy are established for the treatment of various types of tumors. Such developments are projected to boost market growth during the forecast period.
The Asia Pacific region is forecasted to depict the fastest growth rate. This is attributable to the growth in patient influx, coupled with the increasing research & development initiatives in viral vectors. Moreover, individuals from western economies travel to different countries in the Asia Pacific for stem cell therapy, owing to the relatively less restrictive legal framework. Additionally, this region offers low-priced manufacturing & operating units for research-based activities. These factors play a crucial role in augmenting the product demand in the regional market.
The global market is largely fragmented in nature with numerous well-established and small & medium market players. Numerous players opt for different growth strategies such as mergers, acquisitions, and geographical expansion in economically feasible and emerging countries. For Instance, Cobra Biologics widened its manufacturing in the U.S and Europe in January 2021. This comprises 4X expansion in the HQ DNA facility and the origination of new manufacturing facilities in the European region. This supported bettering the company’s market position.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, "please" click the link below:
Viral Vectors and Plasmid DNA Manufacturing Market Report Highlights
• By vector type, the Adeno-associated Virus (AAV) segment dominated the market with a market share of around 18.9% in 2021. AAVs are witnessing an upsurge in market demand as their adoption in clinical trials is increasing owing to the highest accuracy levels they offer in transferring the gene to a specific site.
• By disease, the cancer segment is projected to represent a lucrative growth rate in the forecast period. Viral vector clinical trials conducted for different cancer indications signify positive outcomes. Furthermore, efficacy can be boosted by dose optimization and vector engineering.
• North America held the largest market share in the global market in 2021, owing to the presence of a robust regulatory framework for supporting the development of gene therapy and the high therapy cost in the U.S.
Viral Vectors and Plasmid DNA Manufacturing Market Report Segments
Viral Vectors and Plasmid DNA Manufacturing Vector Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 - 2030)
• Adeno-Associated Virus (AAV)
Viral Vectors and Plasmid DNA Manufacturing Workflow Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 - 2030)
• Upstream Manufacturing
• Vector Amplification & Expansion
• Vector Recovery/Harvesting
• Downstream Manufacturing
• Fill Finish
Viral Vectors and Plasmid DNA Manufacturing Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 - 2030)
• Antisense & RNAi Therapy
• Gene Therapy
• Cell Therapy
• Research Applications
Viral Vectors and Plasmid DNA Manufacturing End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 - 2030)
• Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical Companies
• Research Institutes
Viral Vectors and Plasmid DNA Manufacturing Disease Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 - 2030)
• Genetic Disorders
• Infectious Diseases
Viral Vectors and Plasmid DNA Manufacturing Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 - 2030)
• Plasmid DNA
• Viral Vector
• Non-Viral Vector
Viral Vectors and Plasmid DNA Manufacturing Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 - 2030)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• South Korea
• Latin America
• Middle East and Africa (MEA)
• South Africa
• Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players in Viral Vectors and Plasmid DNA Manufacturing Market
• Merck KGaA
• FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies
• Thermo Fisher Scientific
• Cobra Biologics
• Catalent Inc.
• Wuxi Biologics
• Takara Bio Inc.
• Waisman Biomanufacturing
• Genezen laboratories
• Batavia Biosciences
• Miltenyi Biotec GmbH
• SIRION Biotech GmbH
• Virovek Incorporation
• BioNTech IMFS GmbH
• Audentes Therapeutics
• BioMarin Pharmaceutical
• RegenxBio, Inc.