The global virtual production market was valued at USD 1.60 billion in 2021 and is expected to account for USD 6.79 billion by 2030. Virtual production technology is getting more common in video production due to the increasing popularity of web series with visual effects and three-dimensional scenes. Visual graphics have been extensively used in popular web series such as Games of Thrones, Black Mirror, The Last Kingdom, and Outlander to depict epic and historical sequences.
VFX aids in the production of high-quality images and videos with constructed or fabricated scenes and realistic graphic characters to create an indulging viewing experience. In addition, virtual production technology brings pre-visualization (part of the pre-production process) to the set, reducing the need for expensive locations and lowering production costs for video. Pre-visualization helps filmmakers arrange camera positioning and other creative/technical requirements by producing a preliminary three-dimensional depiction of the visual effects action sequence.
Filmmakers can create complex computer graphic characters with the help of facial-capture training data to turn images into real-time actors. The most recent illustration is how actor Josh Brolin's face was changed to become the main antagonist Thanos in the recent Marvel Avengers films. Furthermore, it is anticipated that elements of artificial intelligence and machine learning will further improve the quality of visual effects and streamline the creation of three-dimensional models.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, "please" click the link below:
Virtual Production Market Report Highlights
• With an overall share of 35.0%, North America was the leading regional segment in 2021 as a result of heavy investments by the key players to introduce advanced software solutions and R&D activities
• For instance, Epic Games, Inc. in June 2020 released an enhanced version of Unreal Engine 5 and upgraded Unreal Engine 4.25, the PlayStation software. Pre-visualizing, designing, and visual editing effects in a real-time setting are all done with the help of VFX software called Unreal Engine. The regional industry is also being driven by the increasing use of visual effects in advertisements and sporting events
• The Asia Pacific market has observed the highest VFX technology implementation rate over the past few years, particularly in countries such as Australia, China, India, South Korea, and Japan
Virtual Production Market Segments
Virtual Production Component Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
Virtual Production Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
Virtual Production End-user Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
• TV Series
• Commercial Ads
• Online Videos
Virtual Production Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• South America
• Middle East and Africa (MEA)
List of Key Players in Virtual Production Market
• Arashi Vision Inc. (Insta 360)
• Autodesk Inc.
• BORIS FX, INC.
• Epic Games, Inc.
• HTC Corporation (VivePort)
• HumanEyes Technologies
• Mo-Sys Engineering Ltd.
• NVIDIA Corporation
• Pixar (The Walt Disney Company)
• Side Effects Software Inc. (SideFX)
• Vicon Motion Systems Ltd.