Global Parkinson's Disease Drug Market is expected to grow at a significant CAGR in the upcoming years as the scope and its applications are rising enormously across the globe. Parkinson’s disease (PD) is termed as a neurodegenerative disorder that affects dopaminergic neurons in a precise area of the brain called substantia nigra. Medicines are the most common treatment for Parkinson’s disease. There are numerous drugs available to treat both motor and non-motor symptoms of Parkinson ’s disease and all are directed at easing symptoms and improving quality of life.
The factors that are playing a major role in the growth of Parkinson's Disease Drug Market are rising life expectancy, rising funding support & research grants, growing healthcare expenditure, and rising awareness. In addition, growing old age population and rising incidences of neurodegenerative diseases are the other factors driving the industry. On the other hand, the high cost of treatment, lack of expertise, and side effects of drugs are the factors restraining overall market growth.
Parkinson's Disease Drug Market is segmented based on drug types, distribution channel, end users, applications, and region. Drug types such as Anticholinergics (Benztropine or Trihexyphenidyl), Levodopa/Carbidopa, COMT-Inhibitors (Entacapone, Tolcapone), Amantadine, Dopamine Agonists (Ropinirole or Pramipexole), MAO-B Inhibitors (Selegiline, Rasagiline), Apomorphine, and others classify this market.
Distribution channels such as Online Pharmacies, Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, and others classify Parkinson's Disease Drug Market. End users such as Clinics, Hospitals, and others classify this industry. Applications into Above 65 Years Old, 40-65 Years Old, and Under 40 Years Old classify Parkinson's Disease Drug Industry. This Market is segmented geographically Americas (North America, Latin America), Europe (Eastern Europe, Western Europe), Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa.
Globally, North America accounts for the largest market share of Parkinson's Disease Drug Market and is estimated to lead the overall market in the upcoming years. The reason being, developed healthcare infrastructure, use of enhanced technology, developed R&D, and good reimbursement policies. Europe and Asia Pacific follow suit. On the other hand, Europe accounts for the second largest market share of this industry. This is mainly due to rising R&D efforts by the prominent players.
The key players of Parkinson's Disease Drug Industry are Valeant Pharmaceuticals, GSK, US WorldMeds, Novartis, StadaArzneimittel, BoehringerIngelheim, Orion, Teva Pharmaceutical, Apokyn, Abbvie, Valeant, Merck, Lundbeck, Akorn, Hoffmann-La Roche, Kyowa Hakko Kirin Pharma, Endo Pharmaceuticals, Astellas Pharma, and DesitinArzneimittel. These players are concentrating on inorganic growth to sustain themselves amongst fierce competition. As such, mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures are the need of the hour.
The major manufacturers covered in this report
• Boehringer Ingelheim
• Teva Pharmaceutical
• Kyowa Hakko Kirin Pharma
• Astellas Pharma
• Desitin Arzneimittel
• Endo Pharmaceuticals
• F.Hoffmann-La Roche
• Stada Arzneimittel
• US WorldMeds
• Valeant Pharmaceuticals
Geographically, this report studies the key regions, focuses on product sales, value, market share and growth opportunity in these regions, covering
• North America
• South America
• Middle East & Africa
The regional scope of the study is as follows:
• North America
• United States
• South Korea
• Rest of Asia-Pacific
• Rest of Europe
• Central & South America
• Rest of South America
• Middle East & Africa
• Saudi Arabia
• Rest of Middle East & Africa
On the basis of product, this report displays the production, revenue, price, market share and growth rate of each type, primarily split into
• COMT Inhibitor
On the basis of the end users/applications, this report focuses on the status and outlook for major applications/end users, consumption (sales), market share and growth rate for each application, including
• Under 40 Years Old
• 40-65 Years Old
• Above 65 Years Old
The key points of this report are:
• To analyze and study the global Parkinson's Disease Drug sales, value, status (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2025).
• Focuses on the key Parkinson's Disease Drug manufacturers, to study the sales, value, market share and development plans in future.
• Focuses on the global key manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the market competition landscape, SWOT analysis.
• To define, describe and forecast the market by type, application and region.
• To analyze the global and key regions market potential and advantage, opportunity and challenge, restraints and risks.
• To identify significant trends and factors driving or inhibiting the market growth.
• To analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders by identifying the high growth segments.
• To strategically analyze each submarket with respect to individual growth trend and their contribution to the market
• To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market
• To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.
• Parkinson's Disease Drug Manufacturers
• Parkinson's Disease Drug Distributors/Traders/Wholesalers
• Parkinson's Disease Drug Subcomponent Manufacturers
• Industry Association
• Downstream Vendors
Research Support Specialist, USA