Absinthe is flavored distilled liquor, emerald green in color and turns cloudy and opalescent white when mixed with water. It is a bright green-colored alcoholic beverage, distilled from a variety of herbs extracted into an ethanol base. It basically originated in Switzerland. Absinthe contains large proportion of thujone basically a chemical compound and harmful to human brain. On the basis of application, the global absinthe market is segmented into food and beverage, cosmetic industry and medical industry. Traditional absinthe is made from white grapes and also made from grain, beets or potatoes. Absinthe offers medicinal benefits such as painkilling, sedative and anti-parasitic properties. It also helps in metabolism, fights stomach pain, eliminates worms from intestine, relieves stress and soothes the nerve.
On contrary, Absinthe wormwood is the herb that grows from a woody base with multiple stems forming a bushy plant. It requires a lot of disturbance to grow and nurture itself. In the earlier counterparts, the plant was considered with Absinthe which is totally different from Absinthe wormwood and that is why it was found harmful for consumption. Commercially, Absinthe finds extensive uses as a painkiller and a great contributor as a sedative element in the medical industry. With its growing use, Absinthe market is strongly gaining a positive traction. Therefore, it is quintessential that the global market is bound to grow at a higher CAGR during the forecast period owing to proliferated use in medical industry.
The key driving factors responsible for absinthe market include medicinal benefits for digestive tracts, stomach acid and digestive enzyme production. Additionally, the medicinal benefits offered by Absinthe are contributing to the market growth. However, the alcoholic properties exhibited by Absinthe coupled with ban of alcohol in some countries are likely to impact the export business negatively on a global scale. On the basis of type, the global absinthe market is segmented into absinthe blanche, absinthe amber, absinthe verte, absinthe liquer, absinthe ordinaire, absinthe reve, pastis, absinthe bohemian, and premium absinthe.
On the basis of geographic segmentation, the global absinthe market spans North America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Latin America, Asia-Pacific Excluding Japan, Japan, Middle-East and Africa. Europe is a large exporter of absinthe on a global scale and is also popular in Spain, Great Britain and U.S as an alcoholic beverage. The key players in the global absinthe market include Lucid Absinthe Supérieure, Kübler Absinthe Superieure, La Clandestine, Butterfly absinthe, Hill's Liquere, La Fée Absinthe, Doubs Mystique, Duplais Verte, Pacific Distillery, Alandia GmbH & Co. KG, Jade Liqueurs LLC, Philadelphia Distilling Company, Teichenne, S.A., Milan METELKA a.s, RUDOLF, etc.
The major manufacturers covered in this report
• La Fee
• La Clandestine
• Doubs Mystique
• Duplais Verte
• C.F. Berger
• Jade Nouvelle Orleans
• Vieux Carre
Geographically, this report studies the key regions, focuses on product sales, value, market share and growth opportunity in these regions, covering
• North America
• South America
• Middle East & Africa
The regional scope of the study is as follows:
• North America
• United States
• South Korea
• Rest of Asia-Pacific
• Rest of Europe
• Central & South America
• Rest of South America
• Middle East & Africa
• Saudi Arabia
• Rest of Middle East & Africa
On the basis of product, this report displays the production, revenue, price, market share and growth rate of each type, primarily split into
On the basis of the end users/applications, this report focuses on the status and outlook for major applications/end users, consumption (sales), market share and growth rate for each application, including
• Holiday celebrated
The key points of this report are:
• To analyze and study the global Absinthe sales, value, status (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2025).
• Focuses on the key Absinthe manufacturers, to study the sales, value, market share and development plans in future.
• Focuses on the global key manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the market competition landscape, SWOT analysis.
• To define, describe and forecast the market by type, application and region.
• To analyze the global and key regions market potential and advantage, opportunity and challenge, restraints and risks.
• To identify significant trends and factors driving or inhibiting the market growth.
• To analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders by identifying the high growth segments.
• To strategically analyze each submarket with respect to individual growth trend and their contribution to the market
• To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market
• To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.
• Absinthe Manufacturers
• Absinthe Distributors/Traders/Wholesalers
• Absinthe Subcomponent Manufacturers
• Industry Association
• Downstream Vendors
Research Support Specialist, USA