The advanced metering infrastructure market, on the basis of geographic segmentation, spans North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle-East and Africa. Advanced metering systems consists state-of-the-art electronic or digital hardware and software which integrate interval data measurement with available remote communications on constant basis availability. These systems infer detailed measurement, time-based information and consistent collection. Briefly, advanced metering infrastructure refers to the full measurement and collection system including meters at the customer site, service provider such as electricity, gas and water utility and a communication network among these. Data receptors and management systems are deployed at the service provider’s end to capture customer generated data.
Figuratively, it includes all three types i.e. electricity, gas and water meters and the customer possesses advanced solid state, electronic meters that are responsible to capture time-based data. These meters are capable of collecting transmitted data via a commonly available fixed networks such as Broadband over Power Line (BPL), Power Line Communications (PLC), Fixed Radio Frequency networks (RF) and overall public networks, i.e. (paging, landline etc.) Technically, the data received by the AMI host system are sent to the Meter Data Management System (MDMS) that manages data storage& analysis to enable information to the utility. AMI thus enables dual way communication and vice-versa. Advantages associated with the use of AMI include system operation benefits, customer service benefits and financial benefits.
Commercially, IoT is of great significance to AMI industry as integration of IoT with smart grid opens great opportunities for market growth. The market size for AMI has grown enormously in the past few years and with inception of IoT and connected devices has further increased the growth opportunity areas for AMI. MDM solutions market holds potential in the upcoming years owing to larger market opportunity during the forecast period. Therefore, the AMI market is set to witness a higher CAGR growth during the forecast period.
The key driving factors in the advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) market includes the need for grid modernization and favorable steps by utility manufacturers across the world to find a better alternative for conventional electric meters with improved smart meters which are capable of providing improved meter reading & data collection. Additionally, the launch of dynamic pricing schemes and demand for utility facilities drive the market growth. Moreover, with the intense use of AMI, and consumer awareness is anticipated to boost the market growth overall.
On the basis of device, the advanced metering infrastructure market is segmented into smart gas meters, smart water meters, smart electric meters and communication modules. On the basis of service, the advanced metering infrastructure market is segmented into system integration, meter deployment and program management & consulting. On the basis of solution, the advanced metering infrastructure market is segmented into meter data management, meter data analytics, AMI security and meter communication infrastructure.
North America dominates the advanced metering infrastructure industry as several AMI projects are funded by American Recovery and Reinvestment ACT (ARRA 2009). Latin America is anticipated to have a higher CAGR growth during the forecast period. APAC markets are expected to witness growth in the upcoming years owing to growth in population and adoption of modern utility systems by utility companies. Moreover, growth in awareness of consumers related to wastage and carbon footprints is anticipated to propel the AMI market growth.
The key players operating in the advanced metering infrastructure market can be segmented into meter data management, AMI security and Smart Electric Meter. Key players for Meter Data Management include Echleon, Itron, Silver Spring Network and Landis-Gyr. Key players forAMI security include IBM Corporation, Cisco Systems, McAfee, Elster, Symantec, Echleon, Itron, Elster, Silver Spring Network, and Landis-Gyr.
The major manufacturers covered in this report
• GE Digital Energy
• Elster Group
• Silver Spring Networks
• Linyang Electronics
• Wasion Group
• Haixing Electrical
• Techrise Electronics
• Chintim Instruments
• XJ Measurement & Control Meter
• Clou Electronics
• HND Electronics
• Hengye Electronics
• Holley Metering
Geographically, this report studies the top producers and consumers, focuses on product capacity, production, value, consumption, market share and growth opportunity in these key regions, covering
• North America
• Other Regions
The regional scope of the study is as follows:
• North America
• United States
• South Korea
• Rest of Asia-Pacific
• Rest of Europe
• Central & South America
• Rest of South America
• Middle East & Africa
• Saudi Arabia
• Rest of Middle East & Africa
On the basis of product, this report displays the production, revenue, price, market share and growth rate of each type, primarily split into
• Smart Meter
• Communications Infrastructure
• Meter Data Management Systems (MDMS)
On the basis of the end users/applications, this report focuses on the status and outlook for major applications/end users, consumption (sales), market share and growth rate for each application, including
• Residential Application
• I&C Application
The key points of this report are:
• To analyze and study the global Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) capacity, production, value, consumption, status (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2025);
• Focuses on the key Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) manufacturers, to study the capacity, production, value, market share and development plans in future.
• Focuses on the global key manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the market competition landscape, SWOT analysis.
• To define, describe and forecast the market by type, application and region.
• To analyze the global and key regions market potential and advantage, opportunity and challenge, restraints and risks.
• To identify significant trends and factors driving or inhibiting the market growth.
• To analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders by identifying the high growth segments.
• To strategically analyze each submarket with respect to individual growth trend and their contribution to the market
• To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market
• To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.
• Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) Manufacturers
• Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) Distributors/Traders/Wholesalers
• Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) Subcomponent Manufacturers
• Industry Association
• Downstream Vendors
Research Support Specialist, USA