Global blood collection market is anticipated to grow considerably in the coming years owing to the rise in demand for blood components. Blood collection is the process of obtaining blood sample for laboratory testing. It can be obtained from devices like venous access devices or by finger stick. The sample blood obtained is then sent for diagnosis to determine health conditions. It helps to monitor diabetes, high cholesterol levels and monitors effects of medication and treatments.
Factors influencing the growth of the market are increasing prevalence of infectious illnesses, growing number of accident and trauma cases, and rise in number of surgeries like cancer surgeries and organ transplant. Moreover, increase in demand for blood donation that allows organ transplant and other surgeries at hospitals is also stimulating the market growth. However, growing amount of risks related to blood transfusion in underdeveloped economies is obstructing the growth of blood collection market. Additionally, significant cost of blood automated instruments and lack of skilled professionals hampers the market growth.
Rising cancer cases on the global scale is a major trend witnessed by the market. Nevertheless, introduction of developed products like blood bags, vials, blood collection tubes, blood lancets, and others are expected to offer lucrative opportunities in the market.
Market is categorized on the basis of product, application, end user, and geography. On the basis of product, market is divided into blood collection syringes and needles, slide strainers, blood lancets, blood collection tubes, vials, blood bags, test tube racks, and microscopic slides. Owing to the benefits offered by blood collection tubes, the segment is expected to lead the market. Blood collection tubes helps easy collection of blood and offers collection of sample blood from a single venipuncture.
Based on application, market is divided into treatment and diagnostics. Diagnostics segment is expected to hold larger share of the market due to increasing number of diagnosis cases. In terms of end user, market is split into diagnostic laboratories, blood banks, hospitals, and others. Owing to the high prevalence of disorders that need blood diagnosis, diagnostic laboratories segment is predicted to register significant growth in future.
Geographically, market is segmented as North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. North America is anticipated to dominate blood collection market due to rising prevalence of lifestyle disorders and government initiatives. Asia Pacific is also expected to lead the market owing to developing healthcare infrastructure and growing medical tourism.
The leading players in blood collection market include Stago, AdvaCare Pharma, Becton, Dickinskon and company, Fresenius Kabi AG, Immucor Inc., Terumo BCT Inc., Haemonetics Corporation, and Terumo Corporation.
This report focuses on the global top players, covered
• Becton Dickinson
• Greiner Bio One
• SEKISUI Medical
• Narang Medical
• F.L. Medical
• Hongyu Medical
• Gong Dong
Market segment by Regions/Countries, this report covers
• United States
• Southeast Asia
Market segment by Type, the product can be split into
• Serum Separating Tubes
• EDTA Tubes
• Plasma Separation Tube
Market segment by Application, split into
• Venous Blood Collection
• Capillary Blood Collection
The key points of this report are:
• To study and forecast the market size of Blood Collection in global market.
• To analyze the global key players, SWOT analysis, value and global market share for top players.
• To define, describe and forecast the market by type, end use and region.
• To analyze and compare the market status and forecast between China and major regions, namely, United States, Europe, China, Japan, Southeast Asia, India and Rest of World.
• To analyze the global key regions market potential and advantage, opportunity and challenge, restraints and risks.
• To identify significant trends and factors driving or inhibiting the market growth.
• To analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders by identifying the high growth segments.
• To strategically analyze each submarket with respect to individual growth trend and their contribution to the market
• To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market
• To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.
Research Support Specialist, USA