Global Carrageenan Market is anticipated to grow at a significant CAGR of close to 8% in the upcoming period as the scope, product types, and its applications are increasing across the globe. Carrageenan is a hydrocolloid derived from red seaweed. It is mainly used as a constituent in several food products, such as dairy, bakery, meat products, and sauces. The factors that propel the growth of the carrageenan market include the alternative to animal-sourced gelatin, growing demand for hydrocolloids, rising of processed foods. On the other hand, there are factors that may hamper the growth of the market including the availability of substitutes and changing raw material prices and the high cost of products.
The market could be explored by source type, type, food grade, application, and geography. Market by type could span Lambda, Iota, and Kappa. The “Kappa” segment led the market in 2017 and will continue to lead in the forecast period. The key factors that could be attributed to the growth of the market such as it acts as an emulsifier, stabilizer, and bodying agent in chocolate, cheese, puddings, and ice cream. The market may be explored by source type as Gelling Agent, Thickener, Stabilizer, and Others. The market may be explored by food grade as E407a, E407, and Others.
The key applications that could be explored in the carrageenan market include Pharmaceuticals, Food may further comprise as Confectionery, Bakery, Meat & poultry products, Sauces & dressing, Beverage, Dairy products and others. The “Food and Beverages” segment led the carrageenan market in 2017 and will continue to lead in the forecast period. The key factors that could be attributed to the growth of market such as it is extensively used in water-based desserts, fruit preparation and it stabilizes ice creams. Also, used for desired texture to confectionary products and increasing application of carrageenan in meat products to regulate water content.
EMEA accounted for the major share of the carrageenan market Size in 2017 and will continue to lead in the forecast period. The factors that could be attributed to the growth include rising acceptance of carrageenan, rising number of applications and significant of dairy products in the region. EMEA is followed by the Asia-Pacific region.
Some of the key players that fuel the growth of the market comprise BLG Shanghai & Zhejiang Plants, Kachabo Gums, Marinalg international, Scalzo Food Industries, Altrafine Gums, FMC Corporation, TIC Gums Incorporation, Cargill Inc and Gum Technology Corporation. The leading companies are taking up partnerships, mergers and acquisitions, and joint ventures in order to boost the inorganic growth of the industry.
This report focuses on the top manufacturers' Carrageenan capacity, production, value, price and market share of Carrageenan in global market. The following manufacturers are covered in this report:
• Karagen Indonesia
• CP Kelco
• TIC Gums
• Global Ocean
• Gather Great Ocean
Carrageenan Breakdown Data by Type
• Lambda carrageenan
Carrageenan Breakdown Data by Application
• Food Industry
• Daily Chemical Industry
• Pharmaceutical Industry
Carrageenan Production Breakdown Data by Region
• United States
• Other Regions
Carrageenan Breakdown Data by Region
• North America
• United States
• South Korea
• Rest of Europe
• Central & South America
• Rest of South America
• Middle East & Africa
• GCC Countries
• South Africa
• Rest of Middle East & Africa
The key points are:
• To analyze and research the global Carrageenan capacity, production, value, status and forecast;
• To focus on the key Carrageenan manufacturers and study the capacity, production, value, market share and development plans in next few years.
• To focuses on the global key manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the market competition landscape, SWOT analysis.
• To define, describe and forecast the market by type, application and region.
• To analyze the global and key regions market potential and advantage, opportunity and challenge, restraints and risks.
• To identify significant trends and factors driving or inhibiting the market growth.
• To analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders by identifying the high growth segments.
• To strategically analyze each submarket with respect to individual growth trend and their contribution to the market.
• To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
• To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.
Research Support Specialist, USA