Global engineering adhesives market is segmented into product, application and geographical regions. Adhesive a material used for joining two or more surfaces. Functionally, an adhesive wets the two surfaces, that binds the surfaces mounts and maintains strength after application. Engineering adhesives are one type of adhesive that are broadly used to integrate and seal parts of automobiles, electric appliances, electronics, office equipment, medical equipment, building materials, furniture, rolling stocks, optical equipment, and glass ceramics. Hence, such adhesives are generally made up of acrylics, epoxies, and urethanes.
Based on epoxy, polyurethane, acrylic, and the other technologies, engineering adhesives are used to bond materials such as steel, aluminum, engineering plastics, and composites as a substitution for traditional joining techniques. Main types of engineering adhesives are epoxy (one part, two part, and films), acrylic, anaerobic, cyanoacrylate, urethane, and silicone. Engineering adhesives add to high market size of the global market for adhesives. The market segment is predicted to broaden at a higher rate considerably above the average growth rate of the adhesives industry. The market size is characterized by technology formulations that give high-value solutions to meet specific customer requirements.
Adhesives are used in various industries such as automobiles, aerospace, rail transport, electronics and communication, electric appliances, construction, telecom, consumer goods, marine and off-shore operations, and furniture. These adhesives provide uniform distribution of weight as compared to fasteners or welded joints.
Engineering Adhesives Market size is segmented by product into outlook epoxies, polyurethanes, cyanoacrylates and methacrylates. Development of polyurethane adhesives from microbial processes and fermentation is expected to create new avenues for industry participants. They have been gaining wide popularity owing to properties such as high strength, rigid bonds, and high viscosity and are formulated based on diverse chemistries with natural or synthetic nature.
Natural raw materials include organic sources such as natural resins, vegetables starch or dextrin, animal hides, and the other materials. Polyurethane adhesives are extensively worn to bond dissimilar materials such as plastics-metals, metal-wood, and wood-plastic. The other product segments analyzed in the report include epoxies, cyanoacrylates, and methacrylates among niche segments such as anaerobic and silicone adhesives.
Engineering Adhesives Market size is segmented by application into Transportation, Construction, Consumer Goods, Electrical & Electronics, Paints & Coatings, Sports & Leisure, Wind Energy and Others. Rising plastic demand for automotive component fabrication along with the high requirement for superior metal-plastic bonding is expected to drive the segment growth. Adhesion products are used in a wide assortment of field vehicles such as cargo, horse trailers, truck boxes, and emergency vehicles.Engineering Adhesives Market geographically spans North America, U.S., Canada, Mexico, Europe, England, Germany, Denmark, Asia Pacific, China, India, Japan, Korea, Central & South America, Brazil and Middle East & Africa.
Growing industrial output, high economics, and population growth in rising economies of China, India, and Southeast Asia have driven developed and construction industries’ growth in the region. This has led to market growth for adhesion products with application specific properties. Consumers’ preference for flame retardancy, high collision strength, corrosion confrontation, and UV resistance is also expected to impact the trends in the region, predominantly due to increasing awareness concerning specialty products.
The Key Players in the engineering adhesives market size include Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Huntsman Advanced Materials, Dow Corning Corporation, Permabond, PPG Industries, 3M Company, H. B. Fuller, Evonik Industries, Sika AG, Royal Adhesives & Sealants, RPM International, Inc., Ashland Inc., Illinois Tool Works Inc., MACtac, MAPEI, LORD Corporation, Jowat Corporation, and Arkema S.A.
The major manufacturers covered in this report
• H.B. Fuller
• DOW CORNING
• ROYAL ADHESIVES & SEALANTS
• Beijing Comens
Geographically, this report studies the top producers and consumers, focuses on product capacity, production, value, consumption, market share and growth opportunity in these key regions, covering
• North America
• Other Regions (India, Southeast Asia, Central & South America and Middle East & Africa)
The regional scope of the study is as follows:
• North America
• United States
• South Korea
• Rest of Asia-Pacific
• Rest of Europe
• Central & South America
• Rest of South America
• Middle East & Africa
• Saudi Arabia
• Rest of Middle East & Africa
On the basis of product, this report displays the production, revenue, price, market share and growth rate of each type, primarily split into
• Synthetic Rubber Type
• Rubber Resin Type
On the basis of the end users/applications, this report focuses on the status and outlook for major applications/end users, consumption (sales), market share and growth rate for each application, including
• Electronic Appliances
• New Energy Equipment
The key points of this report are:
• To analyze and study the global Engineering Adhesives capacity, production, value, consumption, status (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2025);
• Focuses on the key Engineering Adhesives manufacturers, to study the capacity, production, value, market share and development plans in future.
• Focuses on the global key manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the market competition landscape, SWOT analysis.
• To define, describe and forecast the market by type, application and region.
• To analyze the global and key regions market potential and advantage, opportunity and challenge, restraints and risks.
• To identify significant trends and factors driving or inhibiting the market growth.
• To analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders by identifying the high growth segments.
• To strategically analyze each submarket with respect to individual growth trend and their contribution to the market
• To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market
• To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.
• Engineering Adhesives Manufacturers
• Engineering Adhesives Distributors/Traders/Wholesalers
• Engineering Adhesives Subcomponent Manufacturers
• Industry Association
• Downstream Vendors
Research Support Specialist, USA