Global methyl acetate market, on the basis of geography, is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East & Africa. Methyl acetate, also known as MeOAc, acetic acid methyl ester or methyl ethanoate is a carboxylate ester with the formula CH3COOCH3. Methyl acetate is occasionally used as a solvent being weakly polar and lipophilic. Methyl acetate naturally occurs in apple. It’s a flavoring ingredient. Methyl acetate is also present in banana and grapes. Methyl acetate comes across as an ester synthesized from methanol and acetic acid in presence of strong acids (say sulfuric acid) in an esterification reaction. It’s hydrolyzed back into methanol and acetic acid with the help of strong bases such as sodium hydroxide or trong acids such as sulphuric acid or hydrochloric acid; especially at elevated temperature.
Methyl acetate is used as a solvent in paints and nail polish removers glues, in chemical reactions, and for various extractions. Methyl acetate is a non-polar (lipophilic) too weakly polar (hydrophilic) aprotic solvent. It has a solubility of 25% in water at room temperature.Methyl acetate isn’t stable in the presence of strong aqueous acids or bases. The conversion of methyl acetate back into its components by an acid is a first-order reaction with respect to the ester in the methyl acetate market. On the other hand, the reaction of methyl acetate and a base, for example sodium hydroxide, is a second-order reaction with respect to both the reactants. With the chemical industry undergoing technological disruptions, the movement in the North America methyl acetate market has increased significantly.
North America methyl acetate market producers are concentrating more on optimizing the usage of alternative energy sources by utilizing unconventional production technologies which is projected to create novel opportunities for the methyl acetate market’s growth in the coming years.The key players of methyl acetate industry are Wacker, Eastman, Celanese, Anhui Wauwei Group, Chang Chun Group, Sichuan Chuanwei Group, Hunan Xiangwei Group, Sinochem Qingdao, Shanxi Sanwei Group, Zhangzhou Oushuo Chemical, Changzhi Huojia Industrial, Sinochem Plastic, Dongguan Kaixin Battery Materials and Rui Feng Polymer Materials.
The major manufacturers covered in this report
• Anhui Wanwei Group
• Sichuan Chuanwei Group
• Chang Chun Group
• Hunan Xiangwei Group
• Sinochem Qingdao
• Shanxi Sanwei Group
• RuiFeng Polymer Materials
• Zhangzhou Oushuo Chemical
• Changzhi Huojia Industrial
• Sinochem Plastic
Geographically, this report studies the top producers and consumers, focuses on product capacity, production, value, consumption, market share and growth opportunity in these key regions, covering
• North America
• Other Regions (India, Southeast Asia, Central & South America and Middle East & Africa)
The regional scope of the study is as follows:
• North America
• United States
• South Korea
• Rest of Asia-Pacific
• Rest of Europe
• Central & South America
• Rest of South America
• Middle East & Africa
• Saudi Arabia
• Rest of Middle East & Africa
On the basis of product, this report displays the production, revenue, price, market share and growth rate of each type, primarily split into
• Type I
• Type II
On the basis of the end users/applications, this report focuses on the status and outlook for major applications/end users, consumption (sales), market share and growth rate for each application, including
• Coating and Paint
• Foam Foaming Agent
• Nail Polish Removers
The key points of this report are:
• To analyze and study the global Methyl Acetate capacity, production, value, consumption, status (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2025);
• Focuses on the key Methyl Acetate manufacturers, to study the capacity, production, value, market share and development plans in future.
• Focuses on the global key manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the market competition landscape, SWOT analysis.
• To define, describe and forecast the market by type, application and region.
• To analyze the global and key regions market potential and advantage, opportunity and challenge, restraints and risks.
• To identify significant trends and factors driving or inhibiting the market growth.
• To analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders by identifying the high growth segments.
• To strategically analyze each submarket with respect to individual growth trend and their contribution to the market
• To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market
• To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.
• Methyl Acetate Manufacturers
• Methyl Acetate Distributors/Traders/Wholesalers
• Methyl Acetate Subcomponent Manufacturers
• Industry Association
• Downstream Vendors
Research Support Specialist, USA