Global rechargeable battery market is anticipated to witness an exponential growth in the forecast period. A rechargeable battery implies a type of battery that could be recharged repeatedly by putting its terminals along DC, after the battery being drained out. Rechargeable batteries offer numerous procedures from its cell and a well long-term investment in terms of money spent on devices, which could be recharged.
The factors that propel the growth of the market include increasing demand for portable devices and consumer devices such as digital cameras, music players, portable computing devices, camera phones, rising demand for bio-based and automobile vehicles, increasing consciousness regarding battery-enabled consumer devices, growing per capita income, and continuous development efforts and high-performance batteries. On the other hand, there are factors that may hamper the growth of the market including high cost and heap alternates of rechargeable batteries.
Rechargeable battery market is anticipated to expand at a significant CAGR of 8.32% in the upcoming period as the scope, product types, and its applications are increasing across the globe. The declining Li-on battery prices is an emerging trend in the market. Due to the decrease in the demand for other batteries, the Li-ion battery market is observing fast-paced development. The main difference between Li-ion batteries and other battery technology such as fuel cell batteries is the pricing.
Market could be explored by type, capacity, application, and geography. Market could be explored by type as Lead-acid battery and Lithium-ion (LiOn) and Others. The “Lead-acid battery” segment led the rechargeable battery market in 2017 and will continue to lead in the forecast period. The key factor that may be attributed to the growth of the market includes an increase in demand.
Based on capacity, market could span 150 - 1000 mAh, 1300 - 2700 mAh, 3000 - 4000 mAh, 4000 - 6000 mAh, 6000 - 10000 mAh and More than 10000 mAh. The key applications that could be explored in the rechargeable battery market include Laptops, Consumer Devices, Mobiles, Speakers, Music Players, Digital Camera, Power Banks (Portable charger) and Others. Automobile (Two wheelers and Four wheelers).
APAC accounted for the major share of the market in 2017 and will continue to lead in the forecast period. The factors that could be attributed to the growth include rapid growth rate and hold moderately large market share, and growing usage and manufacturing of consumer devices such as digital camera, smartphones, speakers, notepads, laptops, etc. in China, and Asia-Pacific region. Asia-Pacific is followed by European and North American region.
Some of the key players that fuel the growth of the rechargeable battery market comprise Energizer, Duracell Inc., Godrej.com, SONY CORPORATION OF AMERICA, SPECTRUM BRANDS, INC., MikroElektronika d.o.o., Optimum Nano Energy Co., Ltd, GPB International Limited, BREN-TRONICS, INC., Camelion Batteries GmbH, Panasonic Corporation, SAMSUNG, Illinois Capacitor, and Fedco Batteries, etc. The leading companies are taking up partnerships, mergers and acquisitions, and joint ventures in order to boost the inorganic growth of the industry.
The major manufacturers covered in this report
• Battery Technology, Inc.
• Beckett Energy Systems
• BYD Company Limited
• Duracell Inc.
• EaglePicher Technologies, LLC
• Exide Technologies
• GP Batteries
• Johnson Controls
• East Penn Manufacturing
Geographically, this report studies the top producers and consumers, focuses on product capacity, production, value, market share and growth opportunity in these key regions, covering
• North America
• Southeast Asia
We can also provide the customized separate regional or country-level reports, for the following regions:
• North America
• United States
• South Korea
• Rest of Asia-Pacific
• Rest of Europe
• Central & South America
• Rest of South America
• Middle East & Africa
• Saudi Arabia
• Rest of Middle East & Africa
On the basis of product, this report displays the production, revenue, price, market share and growth rate of each type, primarily split into
• Lead-Acid Battery
• Li-Ion Battery
• Flow Battery
On the basis of the end users/applications, this report focuses on the status and outlook for major applications/end users, (sales), market share and growth rate for each application, including
• Power Engineering
The key points of this report are:
• To analyze and study the global Rechargeable Battery capacity, production, value, status (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2025);
• Focuses on the key Rechargeable Battery manufacturers, to study the capacity, production, value, market share and development plans in future.
• Focuses on the global key manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the market competition landscape, SWOT analysis.
• To define, describe and forecast the market by type, application and region.
• To analyze the global and key regions market potential and advantage, opportunity and challenge, restraints and risks.
• To identify significant trends and factors driving or inhibiting the market growth.
• To analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders by identifying the high growth segments.
• To strategically analyze each submarket with respect to individual growth trend and their contribution to the market
• To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market
• To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.
Research Support Specialist, USA