Global syphilis testing market is anticipated to witness an exponential growth in the forecast period. Syphilis is a sexually transmitted infection caused by the Treponema palladium bacterium. The factors that propel the growth of the market include increase in occurrence of syphilis, increasing incidences of syphilis, implementation of national screening plans, rising acceptance of novel technologies such as Darkfield microscopy, Enzyme Immunoassay (EIA) tests, and Micro hemagglutination (MHA-TP) assay that enables improved and faster screening results.
On the other hand, there are factors that may hamper the growth of the market including the lack of trained professionals, and a shortage of these experts in hospitals and diagnostic centers. Syphilis testing market is anticipated to expand at a significant CAGR in the upcoming period as the scope, product types, and its applications are increasing across the globe.
The new trend gaining drive in the market is surge in premarital screening. Premarital screening is a fitness valuation test for soon-to-be-married couples who are tested for the possibility of genetic diseases, transmissible diseases and infectious diseases. The market could be explored by type, product, technology, screening test type, and geography.
The market could be explored by Product as Assay/Consumables, Instruments. The market could be explored by type as Primary Syphilis and Secondary Syphilis. Based on technology, the market could span POC testing and Conventional testing. The “Conventional testing” segment led the syphilis testing market in 2017 and will continue to lead in the forecast period. The key factors that may be attributed to the growth of the market include the capacity of this conventional testing technology to notice several stages of syphilis.
The market could be explored based on screening test type as Rapid plasma reagin (RPR) test, Venereal disease research laboratory (VDRL) test, Fluorescent treponemal antibody absorption (FTA-ABS) test, Enzyme immunoassay (EIA) test, Treponema pallidum particle agglutination assay (TPPA), Micro hemagglutination assay (MHA-TP), and Darkfield microscopy.
LAMEA and the Asia Pacific accounted for the major share of the syphilis testing market in 2017 and will continue to lead in the forecast period. The factors that could be attributed to the growth include higher acceptance rates for technologically highly advanced screening tests, active measures from the governments, and private associations along with the rising consciousness for the syphilis infections largely contributed to the growth of the market.
Some of the key players that fuel the growth of the syphilis testing market comprise Abbott Diagnostic, Alere, Beckman Coulter, Siemens Healthcare, and Roche Diagnostics, AccuBioTech, Becton Dickinson and Company, Bio-Rad Laboratories, bioLytical Laboratories, Chembion Diagnostic Systems, Diasorin, DRG International, Grifols, IBL International, MEd Mira, Omega Diagnostics, Trinity Biotech, Ulti med Products, and ZEUS Scientific. The leading companies are taking up partnerships, mergers and acquisitions, and joint ventures in order to boost the inorganic growth of the industry.
The major manufacturers covered in this report
• Beckman Coulter
• Bio-Rad Laboratories
• F. Hoffmann-La Roche
• Siemens Healthcare
Geographically, this report studies the key regions, focuses on product sales, value, market share and growth opportunity in these regions, covering
• North America
• South America
• Middle East & Africa
The regional scope of the study is as follows:
• North America
• United States
• South Korea
• Rest of Asia-Pacific
• Rest of Europe
• Central & South America
• Rest of South America
• Middle East & Africa
• Saudi Arabia
• Rest of Middle East & Africa
On the basis of product, this report displays the production, revenue, price, market share and growth rate of each type, primarily split into
• Traditional Inspection
• Clinical Test
On the basis of the end users/applications, this report focuses on the status and outlook for major applications/end users, consumption (sales), market share and growth rate for each application, including
The key points of this report are:
• To analyze and study the global Syphilis Testing sales, value, status (2013-2017) and forecast (2018-2025).
• Focuses on the key Syphilis Testing manufacturers, to study the sales, value, market share and development plans in future.
• Focuses on the global key manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the market competition landscape, SWOT analysis.
• To define, describe and forecast the market by type, application and region.
• To analyze the global and key regions market potential and advantage, opportunity and challenge, restraints and risks.
• To identify significant trends and factors driving or inhibiting the market growth.
• To analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders by identifying the high growth segments.
• To strategically analyze each submarket with respect to individual growth trend and their contribution to the market
• To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market
• To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.
Research Support Specialist, USA