The global dark fiber network market size was valued at USD 5.29 billion in 2021 and is expected to reach USD 13.45 billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 11.9% from 2022 to 2030. Dark fiber network technology is being progressively visualized as a resourceful solution for organizations that emphasize network management capabilities and improved communication. This technology is primarily advantageous for businesses that deal with a capacious flow of data in their operations. These advantages include scalability, reliability, lower latency of the network, and efficient security.
Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness the fastest CAGR during the forecast period. This can be credited to the growth in technological advancements and wide-ranging implementation of the network in various sectors including administrative and IT & telecommunication. In addition, the surging penetration of these networks in the manufacturing sector, coupled with the rapidly advancing IT & telecom industry in the region is boosting the market growth. Subsequently, the broadening application areas in the medical arena are driving growth across various countries, such as China, India, and Japan, thus propelling the overall market demand.
The global market vendors undertake a number of growth strategies, including mergers and acquisitions, product developments, collaborations, partnerships, and market expansions, to maintain their market positions. For instance, Colt Technology Services broadcasted a 25-year contract with Getlink in 2021, to deploy Colt IQ Network throughout the Channel Tunnel of Getlink, which was aimed at enabling data transfer in terms of Tbps per fiber.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, "please" click the link below:
Dark Fiber Network Market Report Highlights
• Based on fiber type, the multi-mode fiber led the global dark fiber network market, accounting for around 62% market share in 2021.
• Based on network type, the long-haul network is anticipated to exhibit a remarkable growth rate of over 12.8% during the forecast period. This can be attributable to its ability to operate at a low signal intensity across huge distances.
• Based on application, the medical and military & aerospace applications are likely to demonstrate a significant growth rate due to the growing adoption of devices integrated with optic technology.
• Asia Pacific is expected to expand at the fastest growth rate from 2022 to 2030. This can be credited to the increasing advancements in technology and large-scale deployment of dark fiber networks in various key sectors including administrative and IT & telecommunication.
Dark Fiber Network Market Report Segments
Dark Fiber Network Fiber Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
• Single Mode
Dark Fiber Network Network Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
Dark Fiber Network Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
• Oil & Gas
• Military & Aerospace
Dark Fiber Network Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• South America
• Middle East & Africa (MEA)
List of Key Players in Dark Fiber Network Market
• AT&T Intellectual Property
• Colt Technology Services Group Limited
• Comcast, Consolidated Communications
• GTT Communications, Inc.
• Level 3 Communications, Inc. (CenturyLink, Inc.)
• NTT Communications Corporation
• Verizon Communications, Inc.
• Windstream Communications
• Zayo Group, LLC