The global dietary supplements market size was valued at USD 151.9 billion in 2021 and is expected to reach USD 327.4 billion by 2030 at a CAGR of 8.9% from 2022 to 2030. The demand for dietary supplements is anticipated to increase over the forecast period as a result of changing food patterns and busy lives and growing awareness of personal health and wellness. The global demand for vitamins, minerals, proteins, and amino acids as well as other dietary supplements is primarily driven by rising urbanization and disposable income, which are increasing consumer demand for goods that may fill the nutritional gap while offering maximum convenience.
The COVID-19 pandemic had a positive impact on the dietary supplements market despite the logistical and supply chain difficulties due to the lockdown situations in several countries. The pandemic increased the demand for immunity booster products all around the world. During COVID-19, the need for nutrients that support the immune system increased and is anticipated to continue with the trend.
The demand for energy and weight management is anticipated to rise as there are more gyms, health clubs, and fitness centers available, along with a rise in youth fitness awareness. The growing healthcare product spending, an aging population, growing interest in preventive healthcare, and rising interest in achieving wellness via diet are all expected to boost the dietary supplements market growth throughout the forecast period.
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, "please" click the link below:
Dietary Supplements Market Report Highlights
• Based on ingredient insights, vitamins dominated the segment accounting for more than 30% of the revenue share in 2021. The dominance of vitamins can be attributed to the high demand for this vitamin from working professionals and sports athletes for weight and energy management
• Based on form insights, the tablets segment accounted for more than 33.6% of the revenue share in 2021, owing to the high prevalence of multivitamin products in the form of tablets in the market
• Based on application insights, the energy and weight management segment dominated the application segment with a revenue share of 30.6% in 2021. The segment is expected to expand owing to the growing interest of millennials in improving their health through a balanced diet
• Based on type insights, OTC type segment accounted for the highest revenue share of 75.7% in 2021 and is anticipated to maintain its dominance over the forecast period. OTC dietary supplement sales are anticipated to expand steadily as consumer awareness of the health advantages of dietary supplements grows
• Based on end-user insights, the adult segment dominated the market, accounting for 46.6% of total revenue in 2021. It is anticipated that adults will use more dietary supplements as a result of changing lifestyles and busy work schedules among the working population
• The offline segment led the market, accounting for 81.0% of total revenue in 2021. The offline distribution route is either brick-and-mortar or direct-to-consumer. Supermarkets/hypermarkets, pharmacies, specialty shops, doctors, and other direct-to-customer channels are examples of offline subcategories that sell dietary supplements. Due to its popularity, supermarkets and hypermarkets play a large role in the sales of dietary supplements in Europe and North America
• North America held the highest revenue share in 2021, valued at USD 52,874.7 million. Higher per capita income, a high incidence of urbanization, and rising consumer awareness of health and wellness are to be credited for the increase in dietary supplement consumption
Dietary Supplements Market Report Segments
Dietary Supplements Ingredient Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
• Proteins & Amino Acids
• Fibers & Specialty Carbohydrates
• Omega Fatty Acids
Dietary Supplements Form Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
• Soft gels
Dietary Supplements Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
• Energy & Weight Management
• General Health
• Bone & Joint Health
• Gastrointestinal Health
• Cardiac Health
• Lungs Detox/Cleanse
• Sexual Health
• Brain/Mental Health
• Prenatal Health
Dietary Supplements End-user Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
• Pregnant Women
Dietary Supplements Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
Dietary Supplements Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
• Specialty Stores
Dietary Supplements Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2030)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• Australia & New Zealand
• Central & South America
• Middle East & Africa
• South Africa
• Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players of Dietary Supplements Market
• Amway Corp.
• Glanbia PLC
• Bayer AG
• Pfizer Inc.
• NU SKIN.
• GlaxoSmithKline plc
• Herbalife International of America, Inc.