The global air ambulance services market is expected to reach USD 8.2 billion by 2025. Increasing per capita health expenditure is likely to boost the usage of air ambulance services. A drastic increase in the global health expenditure has been observed, since 1980. In 2012, the total global per capita healthcare expenditure was USD 6.5 trillion annually. The global healthcare expenditure is expected to reach USD 18.28 trillion by 2040. This increasing health expenditure is likely to bring innovative and advanced treatment options. Hence, this is projected to translate into lucrative growth of this market.
These services are generally used in case of medical emergencies. The patient or their family members have to face the financial burden associated with these facilities. Therefore, the high prices for these utilities are managed by the reimbursement plans providing financial relief to the patient and family members to some extent in the developed economies. Therefore, availability of reimbursement for these utilities is anticipated to foster the usage of air medical transport.
Access full report on global air ambulance services market: https://www.millioninsights.com/industry-reports/air-ambulance-services-market
Some of the key facts from the report:
• Rotary-wing air ambulance services, which include helicopter-based service, held a lucrative share in 2015. Easy operability and low cost of these services governed their dominance.
• Fixed-wing services include specialized aircrafts having medical facilities and dedicated crew. Rising medical tourism and operability of these aircrafts in adverse weather conditions are few factors driving their demand.
• Hospital based service dominated the segment in 2015 and is anticipated to grow at a healthy rate over the forecast period.
• North America dominated the market in 2016 due to established infrastructure for air medical transport.
• Asia Pacific is anticipated to gain lucrative share over the forecast period. Strengthening economy, especially of countries such as India and China, investments from global conglomerates, and improving business opportunities are likely to provide growth avenues for players.
• Some of the key players in this market include AMR; PHI Air Medical; Scandinavian Air Ambulance; IAS Medical; Express AirMed Transport; Native American Air Ambulance; Lifeguard Air Ambulance, REVA Air Ambulance and Acadian.
• Strategic initiatives undertaken by these players include collaboration, service portfolio expansion, and partnerships with business firms & sports and entertainment events.
Air ambulance services market segmentation:
Air Ambulance Service Types Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014-2025)
Air Ambulance Service, Service Model Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014-2025)
• Hospital Based
• Community Based
Air Ambulance Services Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2014-2025)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• Latin America
• South Africa
• Saudi Arabia
Research Support Specialist, USA
Email: [email protected]